Chapter 16

Trisha's POV

"My driver is already waiting for you. Go down now and don't wait for me to get you personally", he hung up on me just when I was about to tell him for the tenth time today that I was not be able to meet him on his office. I glared on my innocent phone and gave out an exasperated grunt.

Why can't he understand that I have some work to do?! I've been missing in action in the business since last week and that resulted to the tons of papers to be signed and be reviewed.

Snatching the my coat on the chair, I headed out of my office and gave words to my secretary to hold the meeting until I return or better yet call Dave to represent me. I ignored the people greeting me for I was too busy burning holes on the invisible face of Sebastian that managed to demand things from me every single time.

"Ma'am", his driver greeted me and opened the door for me before sliding on the car and drove away to hell.

"I told you before that thing should be sorted out before this week and yet you haven't started the damn thing?! What the hell are you doing on your desk? Chat on the computer and paint your disgusting face with make up?", I heard his stone-cold voice rang from the inside of his office. His secretary was not on her desk so I assume she was the unlucky creature sacrificed to the devil's plate today?

"Get out", he sounded calm but the freezing sizzle of his sharp edge on his words were enough to make the poor woman quickly comply on his command. I looked at her and she was crying herself out.

"Seriously? So early in the morning and you decided to swish out your swords and wound your secretary?", I silently closed the door behind me and came face to face with him who held papers on his hands and busy with something on his computer.

"She should know how to work effectively and should be grateful I didn't shout at her for I am losing my temper on her since yesterday", he got up from his seat and gestured for me to take a seat on the black leather sofa.

"Why did you call me here?"

"So eager to leave?", he raised a brow at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I have a meeting in an hour", I said.

"It'll be lunch time soon"

"I said I have a meeting and I don't have the luxury of time now to just sit and have lunch so just tell me why am I here?"

He held up his hands and threw me an amuse smirk.

Just last time, he was shouting at me, lashing out his anger because I tried to take my life, which by the way I did not do on purpose, but that resulted for me having an unlimited set of glares and scowls thrown over the week from him. And we never talked about it. I didn't want to talk about it.

"Kurt send this to me and he said be sure I'll give it to you", he handed me an envelope.
"His birthday? And why am I having this?", I asked as I study the card in my hand.
"Of course, you are invited and we are going together", he casually replied. I narrowed my eyes at him as I sense that this was not actually just about this.

"And?"

He took a seat on the arm rest of the sofa opposite of mine and folded his arms over his well-defined chest. The crisp folds of his attire looked sexy on him.

"Why are you assuming that there is an 'and' here?"

I forced a smile on him fighting the inner struggle to strangle him and bury my finger nails in his neck for the thought of him calling me out on here to just give me a birthday invitation which in fact he could do so when we get home.