Chapter 14

Sebastian unlocked the door of the house in which Trisha noticed, not the same mansion they stayed after the auction night.

"I have to go back to work", he dumped her luggage at the entrance and walked back to his car not giving her a second glance.

She followed him with her eyes until the sound of his engine was far gone. For a few minutes there, she thought she had detected a businesslike speculation in his eyes that had angered her. After he was gone, she stood lost in thought for several minutes before she decided to make herself be acquainted with the place.

Wandering around, the house was almost too big for two persons to live, having a wide living room, a good portion of kitchen and dining area and on the second floor, there were three rooms. One in which she assumed the masters bedroom and Sebastian's room as well for she found his belongings carefully resting there. It had the quiet type of color of wooden brown. She turned her heel and walked to the next door.

Perfect, she thought.

It had a good space for her. Not too small and not too big and the interior seemed so simple which she liked. It had a bed with sheets of calm blue and she loved the small round table with a chair not far from the big glass door to the small balcony outside.

She spent the rest of the day unpacking her things.

Around 5 in the afternoon, she stripped down her dress and gear up to her bikini and decided to do some rounds of laps on the magnificent pool she located at the right side of the house. The water was refreshing it massaged her body. She loved the feel of her skin dipped on the wonderful coldness of the water. It helped her think.

Now, letting herself afloat at the middle of the pool, she had to think of ways to pursue of her plan of not letting Sebastian break her and use her as he likes. If he could see her vulnerability, she would be easily devoured and broke, and that's not even a choice. She had to be strong for herself and especially for Nick. She missed him. And the only way to be with Nick again was to be strong.

She knew that deep down herself, she had something for Sebastian. She knew she loved him still but she can't bring herself to full surrender to the man that just wanted her. Just to possess her. She did not know if this was the kind of revenge he had stored for her but whatever it was, it's not love.

Five years ago was not love he had for her also. If it was, he would have accepted her and the baggage she had but she knew better.

But what if she had told him the truth and accepted it with all his heart?

She wanted to laugh.

Impossible.
She heard him. Clear.

That very day she decided to run away from him and she left him without a note or trace. What for? She would just drop her off like a sack of potato on the road and left her to rot in there and she was not up for that. So she took the flight the first chance she had right after his proposal of marriage.

She closed her eyes as the air got cold.

"What are you doing?", a sharp familiar sound almost made her jump and she suddenly turned to the man clad in white business attire with the sleeves neatly folded unto his elbow and there were three buttons undone revealing the crispy hair on his chest. His forehead was in a crease like a crumpled paper she used to throw when she did not like the idea on her paper during her college days.

" Dancing", she replied sarcastically, deadpan, masking the desire to jump to him and make him wet as she pressed her barely dressed body to his.

He crossed his arms on his chest and gave her an expressionless look. He was not amused, that she could gather.

"Get dress. We have a visitor", she raised her brows. A visitor?

Aware of his intense stare, she swam to the other end of the pool and grabbed the handle bars before she hoisted herself up.

Sebastian felt his body clenched with need to pull her dripping body to him and kiss her senseless. Kiss her and lick the drops of water on every inch of her. He watched her every move---passionately, that he did not notice someone approaching.

"Wow", a husky flirty voice rang on his ear and it pulled him out of his fantasy of her. He threw a pointed glare at the man beside him who was busy checking out his girl.

His girl.

His.

"Oh man, you never said you have a hot chick in here. I am soooo disappointed in you, bro. That's selfish", the man teased not taking his eyes off his fiancée' and it took all his might to stop himself from ripping the man's eyeballs that roamed over Trisha's body.

"What are you doing here? I told you to wait on my study room"

"And miss this mouth-watering show?"

"She is not for show, Kurt", the slowness of his tone was warning his friend off. But the other one ignored it.

"Oh come on. It's not nice of you to take this for your own self alone", Sebastian moved to glower in front of him and hide Trisha from his friend's hungry eyes.

" I told you, she's---", but before he could stake a claim of his woman, Trisha was already beside him drying her hair with a towel and still, much to his possessiveness, in her black bikini that looked so much better up close.

Droplets run along the length of her shoulder blades, her neck, and a fugitive bead that was clear as a crystal travelled down between her breasts all the way to her flat stomach and fell on her navel. He gulped and cleared his throat to destruct himself.

"Hi", her sweet sound was like honey that attracted other bees.

" Hello there, beautiful", Kurt seemed to ignore his presence and he remained silently erupting with annoyance inside. He heard her giggle like a teenage queen that received her morning compliment from an admirer. She even slightly blushed but God, he loved the sound.

"I'm Trisha. Trisha Aycliffe, you are?", a friendly smile lingered on her face.

" I'm Kurt Frederik Clinton. Just call me Kurt, angel."

"Oh please, just call me Trish or Trisha and I am no angel I assure you, mister. It's nice to meet you"
It was Kurt's turn to give off a throat chuckle.

"Heaven will disagree. The pleasure is all mine, angel".

And he took her hand for a kiss but Sebastian was not having any of it, he snatched Trisha's hand from Kurt and held it in him. He glared at his friend with a barely contained murder in his mind before he looked at Trisha.

" Get dress, now", he gritted his teeth on the last word.

"Okay". She rolled her eyes on him and walked inside the house and up the stairs after she excused herself.

Kurt followed her with his eyes still trained on the fine curves of her legs and body.

" Stop looking at her or I shall forget we are friends", Sebastian warned and stormed off to his office with fire burning at his feet. His guest followed him not even afraid of the threat or at least bothered by it. It was actually fun from his point of view to see his dear friend and sworn brother to act like that. So whipped by a girl.

It was the first time he saw him on that mood. Most of the time, he was emotionless and did not have the care of the world. He was composed at work and was short-tempered for everything that went out of his way but other than that, he was just another stone on the built.

But now, seeing him on his emotions, scattered in front of him, well, that was surprising. And that was because of a woman.

This woman he had in his own built home. But Trisha was no doubt the most beautiful woman he had ever encountered.

How would I deal with this?, he asked himself as he close the door to hisfriend's office.