Champions

"Blake!" I screamed as he swum between my legs, standing up so that my body was balanced on top of his shoulders. The shock of the sudden movements causing me to slightly wobble as he stood up.

"Tell me if you want me to put you down." He told me he wrapped his arms tightly around my legs, stabling them as I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck, as we waited for George and Hannah to repeate our actions.

"Right, ready?" Reece asked as he stood in the middle of Hannah and George, and myself and Blake in the pool.

"Yep!" Blake and I said aloud, Hannah and George confirming that they were ready moments after.

"Okay, the winners will be the pair that remain standing after one round. May the strongest pair win!" Reece instructed as he walked to the side of the pool, leaving the rest of us in the middle as we waited for our signal to begin the mini battle.

"THREE! TWO! ONE! GO!" Reece yelled; almost instantly Hannah and I had grasp of one anothers hands and were trying our hardest to push one another off the boys' shoulders. All that could be heard from my garden was the splashing of water, George and Blake complaining every so often if they were accidentally kicked in the face, and Brad, Connor, James, Tristan and Reece cheering us on. I think it's quite fair to say that we may have pissed off a few of our neighbours, considerably those of them in whom are, well, old?

"You're so going down" I spoke through clenched teeth, glaring at Hannah with cold eyes as we continued to attempt to push one another off Blake and George's shoulders

"Oh you wish," Hannah scoffed, throwing her head back which gave me a huge advantage. Focusing on what I was doing, I tensed my muscles, and with one big push, watched as Hannah fell from Georges shoulders, landing in the pool with a giant 'splash' noise.

"YES!" I shouted with delight at mine and Blakes winning of the battle against Hannah and George.

"Reece, grab my phone please! I want a photo of Maia and I as the winning pair!" Blake called over to Reece

"MINE TOO!" I yelled as Reece grabbed both of our phones from where they were on the grass.

"Okay, ready?" Reece asked us once he had made his way back over to us

"Hang on," Blake muttered as he lowered his body down into the pool, allowing me to swiftly climb off his shoulders and stand next to him, as I stood, I felt Blake rest his left arm around my shoulders, and, in return, I placed mine tightly around his waist

Both looking at the phone Reece was currently holding up, we smiled until we got the approval from Reece that he had taken the photo.

"Did you see how Hannah and George climbed out the pool?" I questioned Blake whilst Reece was switching phones

"No, why, what did they look like?" Blake asked looking down at me, his arm still wrapped around my shoulder and mine still wrapped around his waist.

"Neither of them could get out, there's a ladder over there but they didn't think to use it. It was quite funny seeing the both of them struggle to climb out." I replied with a giggle. Blake smiled gently in return to what I had just told him before we both looked back up at Reece whom had set up the other camera and was waiting for us both to finish our small conversation

"Ready?" He asked with a small smirk.

"Yeah!" Blake called over; once again, we stood in the same positions and smiled until we got the sign of approval that the photos had been taken.

Climbing out of the pool, Blake and I both made our ways back over to Reece in whom handed us both back our phones, joining us as we sat back down onto the grass.