Late Night Swim

"There is no way whatsoever I am going back into that room until that film is over!" I exclamed. The film had been on for no less than forty five minutes, however, Blake and I had already left the room and evacuated into my kitchen.

"What do you want to do to pass the time? I think we have quite a while left until the film finishes," Blake questioned as the both of us stood opposite one another in the kitchen. I hauled myself up onto the kitchen counter, and sat, my legs swinging back and forth as they hung.

"I'm not too sure. We could go upstairs and watch a separate film; we could go for a late night swim if the cover of the pool is still off, we could sit outside and light a bonfire in the back garden...what do you want to do?"

"I'm up for a swim,"

"Well, I guess that's sorted!" I laughed. "Let me just grab two seperate towels from upstairs, the other ones are most probably still wet from earlier." Running upstairs, I grabbed two towels, along with my small portable docking station and my phone

"Ready?" I questioned once I was back downstairs

"Yeah."

Blake and I made our way into my back garden, placing our belongings on the table in which we ate from earlier. I turned my docking station on and connected my phone to it.

"What music do you want on?" I questioned as I flicked through the songs on my phone

"I don't mind, put it on shuffle," Blake responded as I nodded and clicked 'shuffle'.

"Um, Maia,"

"Yes?" I mumbled, not really paying much attention

"Where should I get changed?"

"Um, walk towards that black door and open it, inside is an outside toilet, the light is on a hook."

Once he had disappeared, I quickly wriggled out of my black high waisted shorts and plain grey t-shirt to reveal my black bikini from earlier on in the day. Placing my clothes underneath one of the chairs, I walked over to the pool and hauled myself over the edge, shocking my body at the coldness of the water.

"Cold?" I jumped slightly at the sound of Blakes voice as he walked out from the bathroom

"A bit, care to join me?" I asked him through gritted teeth

Blake scrambled into the pool, his jaw clenching as his skin hit the cold water.
"Cold?" I questioned, repeating what he had asked me. a smirk forming on my face

"No, I'm perfectly fine," Blake mumbled between chattered teeth

"Really? Because the goosebumps on your arm tell me otherwise," I answered as he walked over to me. "I hope you're not lying to me, Mr Richardson." I added, laughing.

"Me...lie, never!" Blake responded in a shocked tone of voice. Slithering his arms around my waist as he rested his forehead on mine. Our eyes locked together as we stayed in the same position; every so often, our eyes flickering down to one another's lips. In the midst of the moment, both our heads leaned forward as our lips connected for the second time that day. The kiss lasted for near enough a minute until the both of us pulled away.

A slight silence came from the both of us as we momentarily looked at one another, small signs of shock appearing on both our faces.