Chapter 6: All the Single Ladies

Close, adjective.
When you don't need words to tell them something, because they already know without you saying it.

Chapter six: All the Single Ladies

The five of us sat in the living room, much later that afternoon. All the unpacking had been done, and we were more or less set up in our new house.

"Man, I'm hot," complained Josh, fanning himself with his hand.

"At least we got it all done," stated Emily. "Thanks for your help guys."

"It's no problem," smiled Simon, and Josh nodded in agreement.

"Hey Josh, I thought you said Tobi was coming over," I frowned.

"Yeah he texted me a bit later and said he got caught up with some videos he and Manny his brother were doing, so I said we'd catch up later. I guess he's probably done by now though."

"Let's go meet up at a cafe or something," said Freya. "It's hot as hell, I could do with a cold drink."

"Y'all need to stop complaining," I laughed. "It's like, 30°C. Try 40°C and see how you go."

"Wow, does it really get that hot?" Exclaimed Emily.

"Hotter," I laughed. "In Perth it gets pretty bad, but not so bad as places like Marble Bar, which is further north. They get up to 48°C on occasions."

"That would mean death for me, I'm pretty sure," laughed Freya. "How do you not burn every time you leave the house? You're not much more tanned than me."

"Never said I didn't," I admitted. "I'd 100% have skin cancer by now if it wasn't for sun cream and a sun hat."

"And over here we don't put cream on because we want to tan," laughed Emily. "Come on, are we going to a cafe now, or..."

"Yeah, let's go," said Simon, standing up. The others stood up as well. I sighed.

"Can you pull me up?" I said, looking at Simon. He rolled his eyes, smiling, and pulled me to my feet. We both laughed, and followed the others outside to the car.

We met Tobi at the cafe that was about three streets away from our house. It turned out Tobi didn't live so far away, in fact, it was about the same distance but in the opposite direction.

"Jordyn!" He grinned, when he saw me. "How are you, girl?"

"Well thanks," I grinned, as he pulled me into a hug. "How did your videos go this morning?"

"Ah, not bad I think," he replied. "Just a tonne of editing to do now, but can't complain."

"Hey, what do you guys want to eat?" Said Josh, interrupting our reunion. "I'm gonna go order for us."

"Nothing," I replied. "I'll just have ice coffee to drink, thanks Josh."

Tobi told Josh what he wanted, and pretty soon we were all sitting down, eating, drinking, and talking. Most of the conversation consisted of catching up on lost time in our long distance friendships, and planning football/soccer games, and videos we could all record together.

"It's going to be great living here for a while," I sighed happily.

"You'll never want to go home," grinned Tobi. "Not that I'm complaining, it's like part of our squad is missing when you're not around."

"See what I mean?" Laughed Josh, looking at me. "We are squad goals."

The next few hours were spent wandering around the mall, picking up a few things we needed for the house. I went with Simon to EB Games and JB HI FI and bought myself three monitors, Xbox, and PS4, which I had delivered to our house to save us carrying them around the mall. I had brought my games and my computer with me, and I had ordered a new keyboard and mouse which had arrived at our house whilst we had all been unpacking our stuff.

"Have you got cameras from home as well, or do we need to get them?" Asked Simon.

"Nah, I definitely packed my camera," I smiled. "And the little face cam one didn't take up too much room, so I brought that from home too. But my big camera is my bae, wouldn't leave that one home!"

Simon laughed.

"I forgot you had an emotional attachment with your camera," he said.

"Nah, it's just travelled everywhere with me," I smiled.

Simon knew I was referring to the stickers all along the camera strap. I'd had the very creative idea, (if I do say so myself) of sticking all the different flight destination stickers that are supposed to go on your luggage onto it, so that was the reason I didn't just get a new camera for over here.

After the technology shopping, we met up with the others, and I got a desk for my room. After that, we said bye to the guys, and I headed home with Frey and Em.

"We'll meet up some time soon for our videos, yeah?" I smiled, as I said goodbye to Simon.

"Yep," he nodded. "Just text me when you've got your setup ready too, and we can do some gaming."

"Yeah, count me in for that!" Grinned Josh. "Catch you later, girls."

"Later," chorused Freya and Em.

~.~.~.~

"So what's been happening since I've been around?" I asked the girls, later that evening.

We were all chilling in our living room together, and catching up.

"Oh, nothing much that the guys won't have told you," smiled Freya. "How about you? What's been going on in Australia?"

"Yeah, how's your basketball and cheer going?" Added Em.

"Oh, everything's been fine back home," I replied. "Sport has been good, although I miss my teams for both basketball and cheerleading, they're like a second family. But anyway, I don't mean the guys' news, I mean with you girls."

"We are so boring Jord," laughed Emily. "We got no boys in our life, we're just sitting here making our videos, and eating too much junk."

"Moving over here should change that though," smiled Freya. "It'll be great being the three of us together again, and life is never dull when the sidemen are around."

"Oh?" Smirked Em. "You planning on dating one of them?"

"Yeah, oh my gosh we could totally set you and Josh up," I laughed. "How cute would they be?" 

"No, that's not what I meant!" Laughed Freya. "Wow, you two are idiots. And if anyone should date it's you and Simon, Jordy, I saw you two today."

"And every day," I pointed out. "We're just close friends, we have the same sense of humour."

"Oh whatever," smirked Em, rolling her eyes.

"What about you, Em?" I grinned.

But we could get no confession out of her, and as we couldn't really picture her with any of the guys we left it for the time being.

But it was nice to have my best friends around again, even if they insisted that I should date one of my best guy friends. It had been the same when we'd been at Insomnia, and Gamescom, much to Lachlan's annoyance. He wanted me to date one of his close friends, from basketball, or the Pack, since he knew he could trust them.

Personally, I was quite happy being single. Until the right person found me, I didn't need a man. I was happy on my own.