Chapter 72: Onwards and Upwards

Time, abstract noun.
It flies when you're having fun, it drags when you're not, when you're really upset it punches you in the stomach and tells you to sit down and wait, and when you're on top of the world it rips off your parachute and drops you from a plane.

Chapter seventy two: Onwards and Upwards
Meah and I had sold out apartment in America, and we were packing up and preparing our belongings to be moved elsewhere. Meah's stuff was going to sit in the spare room in Lachlan's and Preston's apartment, since she still hadn't decided if she was moving to England or not. A lot of my stuff had been sent off already, and Simon had picked it up and taken it to the new house for me. He had already started setting up our bedroom, but claimed he was waiting for me to decide where to put most of the things. I put it down to laziness, but I was quite happy with his decision, since it would be nice to get to set up a room together.

It was sad to be moving on again, but I was more than ready to go home now. Lachlan too was moving on - he was going back to Australia, after living with Preston for six months. He had a lot that he wanted to do with Pokemon Go, which was booming on his channel, and he and some of his Aussie friends had a Japan trip planned which they had nicknamed 'Snowchella' since they would be snowboarding as well as catching Pokemon. Preston complained bitterly that everyone was leaving him, but we knew he was happy for us. Besides, he had Rob coming to stay with him soon, so he wouldn't be too lonely. Rob was to Preston what Vik was to Lachlan - they were super close, and somehow understood each other perfectly.

Despite putting most of my efforts into cheer, I managed to get back into streaming Mianite in the evenings again. I only had a couple weeks to go in America, but the season was wrapping up anyway - in fact, the finale had been planned for about a week's time. As far as the storyline goes, we had found out that Mianite, who had been the good brother in season one, was bad in season two. Ianite their sister had faded away until she was completely gone, much to Jordan's dismay. She'd had a daughter - Ianita, for a few episodes too, until Tom blew her up by accident when playing TNT roulette. (And all other safe past times for children...)

As for Dianite, he was still only a voice, armed with nothing but his sarcasm, and he wasn't of much use to anyone. However, in the finale we were apparently going to reunite him with his body. To Tom and I, it seemed a bit depressing that we didn't get our leader back until the last episode of the series, but as Jordan pointed out, as least he was still alive, unlike Ianite! I was really going to miss the daily recording and streaming with Tom, Jordan, Tucker, and Sonja, and since season three wasn't on the cards for the foreseeable future, we planned to keep in touch, maybe do some minecraft mini games, or CoD, or Sims 4. All of us needed a break from series recording - staying on a schedule was hard work. I knew Tom wanted to get into vlogging, and I hoped we would be able to catch up in person to film together, once I'd moved back to England.

The next couple weeks or so flew by, and before we knew it, Meah and I were at the airport with the rest of our cheer team. The ATV people hadn't been able to make it today, but they'd asked us to vlog ourselves and the team on the flight, so that's what we were doing.
"Yo Alex," I grinned, shoving the camera in his face. Alex and I were pretty close - he was my partner in the partner stunts for our routine. He pulled a face at the camera lens, and I laughed. "We're doing would you rather," I continued.
"Question is," said Meah, "Would you rather do three hours of full outs, or not make it to day two at Worlds?"
"Three hours are you kidding me?" Alex laughed. "That's death! It's gotta be not making day two."
"Who's not making day two?" Asked Bobbie, joining Alex before the camera. "Not us, we're in it to win it, you know it girl!"
"You know it!" I laughed. I turned the camera to face me. "He's been watching too many cheerleading movies," I giggled.
"Bring It On were the best though," laughed Meah.
"I only watched those movies for the cheer sections," Alex said. "They need Eddie on their backs, they're not sharp at all!"
"Hey guys," Vanessa called to us. "They're calling our flight, lets go!"
"Okay, gotta go!" I said to the camera. "See y'all on the plane!" I covered the lens with my hand, so I could transition into the plane vlog once we got there. Then I put away the camera, grabbed my carry on bag, and ran to catch up with the others.

The Florida weather was beautiful right from the moment we stepped out of the airport. Being an Aussie, I struggled a fair bit with the cold winters of England and America, and the approaching summer was more than welcome to me. Eddie had hired a bus for us, and we'd all piled on board to travel together to the hotel we would be staying at. There were a lot of us - Eddie and Orby's level five worlds team Smoed were travelling with us, meaning the bus was a whole lot louder. We'd often trained together with Smoed, so we knew all of their team members quite well. Smoed was short for Small Coed, and there were kids as young as twelve years old on the team. Some of these guys had been world champions as many as four times already, and they weren't even eighteen yet. Everyone on the bus, including Eddie, Orby, and our other coaches were hyped for worlds in just a few days, and it was a great atmosphere.