Chapter 34: Natural

Photos, noun.
Still memories. You had to be there to make the pictures move.

Chapter thirty four: Natural
The sidemen, Cals, Manny and I all took part in the meet up, and we all had an amazing time meeting so many people. Once we'd finished for the day, we left to have a wander around Birmingham, where the convention was held. We ended up at the Botanical gardens, not the most exciting place, but beautiful, nonetheless. Most of the others were pretty tired after a crazy morning and most of the afternoon at the convention, and opted to relax in the little cafe there. However, Josh, Simon, and I still had plenty of energy, and decided to go for a walk around the gardens. I took out my camera, and took photos of the gardens, and some of Josh and Simon. I took a gorgeous candid shot of the two of them looking at each other and smiling, which I knew would get mental comments from the fans on Instagram, it was too cute. Minizerk was too adorable, and I was definitely their biggest shipper, might as well stir the pot a bit.

"Insomnia's better this year," commented Josh.
"It gets better every year we go," Simon pointed out, swinging his hand that held mine to and fro.
"Well it's definitely got better since i53, that was the only other one I went to," I said.
"That was our first time too," said Simon. "That's the one we met you at, yeah?"
"Yep," I smiled. I suddenly remembered the comments my mum had made when I'd showed her photos of Simon from that Insomnia. I chuckled at the memory.
"What's that laugh for?" Smiled Simon, looking at me.
"So I showed my mum photos of the last Insomnia, just before I left Perth," I explained. "And it got to one of you, and she was like 'oh he's cute' and I was like 'mum I'm not gonna date anyone'." Josh and Simon both laughed.
"At least I've got your mum's approval, even if Lachlan doesn't like me," Simon smirked.
"What did your mum say to that?" Asked Josh.
"Uh, she said 'famous last words'," I giggled.
"Your mum is illuminate," stated Josh.
"See? You should always listen to your mum," laughed Simon. "She was right!" He picked up the camera that hung around my neck, and took a photo of my hand holding his. You could tell whose hands they were because of Simon's ring on his little finger, and the piles of armbands and bracelets that were on my wrist. It was a cute photo.
"That was very creative of you," I smiled, looking at him. His blue eyes were glowing with happiness, and the sun, which was beginning to show signs of setting, shone specks of light in his blonde hair, which was gelled, as usual. I realised I was staring at him, and looked away, feeling a red tint of embarrassment creep onto my cheeks. He nudged me playfully.
"I saw that," he smirked.
"I don't think I do your ego any good," I stated.
"My tactic is to stare at you when you're not looking," he chuckled.
"Oh, okay. Being sneaky is the correct tactic. I'll remember for next time." We were both perfectly solemn for a few moments, before inevitably bursting into laughter.
"You two," chuckled Josh, shaking his head. "You see why I told you to date? You're perfect together."
"Hmm," said Simon, glancing at me with a smirk. "At what point do we tell him we decided that between us long before he said anything?"
"Let's not," I giggled.
"Wait, what?" Exclaimed Josh. "Then why the hell did you wait so long before asking her out Simon?"
"Everything was completely natural with us, we wanted it to stay that way," I shrugged. Josh smiled.
"Okay, that's cute, I'll give you that," he said.

We came to a place in the park where a low wall bordered the garden from the path, and Simon, who didn't really need the height advantage over Josh and I in the first place, jumped up on it, and walked along the top.
"Okay, no," I laughed, having to raise my hand that was still clasped in his so it would make the distance. "There's such a thing as too tall, Simon."
"Come up here," he grinned. I rolled my eyes at him playfully. I gave my camera to Josh, worried that I'd damage it climbing up there, and joined Simon on the wall.
"The wall's too narrow," I complained, being forced to walk in front of him.
"It's okay - here..." He took my other hand as well, and helped me keep my balance on the wall that was hardly wider than one of my feet. This made it hard to walk along, and we both giggled at our own attempts to walk naturally.
"We are one hundred percent doing this the hard way," I laughed.
"Oh wait, an idea," he said. "Stand on my feet, and I can walk us."
"Okay," I giggled, doing as he said. "Nah, I'm gonna fall off!" I turned so I was facing him, and stood on his feet again, wrapping my arms around his torso. He held me gently in place by the waist, and began to walk along.
"There we go," he said, as we began to make progress along the wall. He finally made it to the end, and we both jumped down, laughing.
"All that for a stupid wall," Josh commented. He'd been laughing at our efforts from the ground.
"It was about the teamwork," I stated haughtily, pretending to be annoyed at Josh.
"Teamwork my ass," Josh chuckled. "That was purely you two being all cute af."
"Whatever," I laughed, taking my camera back from Josh.
"The sun's basically set," said Simon. "What is it, like six thirty? We should probably head back, I left something rendering, I've gotta upload it before I go to bed."
"Yeah," nodded Josh. "Me too. Let's go."