Chapter 9: The Slang Challenge

Slang, noun.
We have slang so we can say that Australians, Americans, Brits, Canadians etc. all speak 'English' when in reality half the rubbish we come out with is so location specific you might as well have to learn a whole new language. Or maybe it's just so we can be cool and say stuff other people don't understand. Yeah, I guess that's it.

Chapter nine: The Slang Challenge

We went by the store on our way home, as Josh wanted to get some stuff for the house. Simon and I wandered around by ourselves. We didn't talk much, but it was a comfortable silence, and perhaps we were both enjoying the world around us. We walked through it, and we interacted with it, and it with us, but it was like we were in our own little world.

The streets with small stores, cafes, and restaurants were full of noise, hustle and bustle, but it still seemed peaceful. In a way, it reminded me of Fremantle back home in Western Australia, only without the boats and an excess of AFL fans, This brought a smile to my face.

"What's that smile for?" Asked Simon, looking at me. I watched as a smile spread on his face. "It's infectious."

"Sorry, I contaminated you," I laughed, elbowing him in the side playfully. I shrugged, thinking. "Guess I had fun today. And these small streets with old stores and markets reminds me of a place back at home."

"Show me when I go to Australia," he smiled.

"I like this 'when' stuff," I laughed. "Does this mean you've actually planned something?"

"Well, no," he admitted. "But it's not much use going if you're over here. Kinda defeats the purpose."

"That's a valid point," I nodded. "Should I go home then?"

"No!" He yelled, laughing. "We are squad goals here, you'll ruin it. Hey, we still need to record out videos together, by the way."

"Are you busy when we get home?" I asked.

"Just editing football and GTA," he replied. "FIFA sucks at the moment, so I've only got Ultimate Team to do for that and that's already done, I left it rendering. How about you?"

"Ha, tell me about your FIFA problems," I laughed.

"Yeah, well at least your entire YouTube career doesn't revolve around a game that got basically ruined by EA."

"No, I'm more creative than that," I laughed.

"Oh whatever. Have you finished your videos for today?"

"Yeah, I've done Minecraft, NBA, and Octodad today, and just have to edit the Minecraft one."

"Wait what, Octodad?"

"It's actually the dumbest game in existence," I laughed, "but my subscribers suggested it, and it's not too bad, but it's really hard. I don't know, they find it funny apparently."

"It's always the dumb games they like," smiled Simon. "When we play Monopoly everybody goes insane. I think it brings out the worst in all of us, to be honest."

"Hm, I know, I've seen your monopoly videos," I smirked. "Anyway, I guess we'll record when we get home then."

"Yo, what's up guys, it's Jordyn, today I'm doing the slang challenge with Simon, alright, okay, let's go!" I spoke my intro really fast, and Simon shook his head at me.

"You are actually insane," he laughed. "How do your viewers keep up with you?"

I smirked.

"All we really wanna know..."