Chapter 31: Perfect

Perfect, adjective.
When nothing could be better than this one moment. Or one person. Or both.

Chapter thirty one: Perfect
The rain was still drizzling dismally as I left the house, and I began to get wet, but I was in no mood to care. I wandered to the trampoline and climbed up, and began to bounce. The rhythm of the activity was oddly soothing, and I almost managed to forget about our conversation in the kitchen after about twenty minutes. The sound of the springs stretching and retracting, and the soft, almost distant sound of the rain on the grass around me slowly helped me to calm down, and I began to feel less like punching a wall would be a good idea. Eventually, the rain made the mat slippery, and not wanting to seriously injure myself, I sat down, and pulled the hood of my jumper up, dangling my legs over the edge of the trampoline. I wondered, and not for the first time, where Simon had gone when he left the kitchen. I could only imagine what was going through his head right then. I glanced up to his bedroom window, and I was just in time to see the light turn off. It was almost dark outside now, and I concluded that he was either going to bed, or coming downstairs.

It wasn't long, however, until my question was answered. The kitchen door opened quietly, and I could just pick out the figure of Simon walking towards me, in the hazy, half darkness that was a rainy, English sunset. He gave me a small smile, which I returned.
"Why are you out here in the rain?" He wondered, coming to stand in between my legs, which still hung over the edge of the trampoline.
"Why are you?" I counted. Our faces were about level now, but not quite. Somehow, he was still taller than me.
"I'm only here because you are," he stated, in response to my question. He still looked a little sad, and I missed the old light that used to shine in his eyes. It was as though it had never been there, and I couldn't even tell if his eyes were blue anymore. They looked almost grey, although since I was colourblind, I couldn't say for sure. Simon was one of those people whose emotions shone through their eyes like a beacon.
"What did he say to you?" I asked him quietly, taking his hands, and playing with them. Simon shrugged, dropping my gaze.
"Pretty much just told me not to touch you," he mumbled. "I said I wouldn't do anything that you weren't comfortable with, and he was like how am I supposed to believe that when you're still friends with the guy who hurt her? Which is fair enough, I guess."
"No, it's not fair enough," I stated, watching as the rain dripped off his hair, and slowly soaked him to the skin. "Lachlan knows that none of you knew what happened except for Josh, so how can he expect that? You had no idea what Joe did." I sighed. "I told him he can have both of us, or neither of us, but to take his pick." He raised his eyes to look at me, and suddenly, I could see hope in their grey depths, and he smiled.
"Really?"
"Really," I nodded.
"But I thought..." He broke off. "Never mind." His smile grew, and he rested his forehead on mine. "So basically, we don't give a damn about what Lachlan thinks anymore," he chuckled.
"Not at all," I smiled, watching as the life returned to his eyes, and they flicked to my lips, and back to my own eyes again. I bit my lip slightly. He was so breathtakingly gorgeous, and he didn't even realise it.
"Okay," he grinned. "I can live with that." He slowly closed the gap between us, and pressed his lips gently onto my own. We fit perfectly together. Despite the rain chilling the rest of my body, my skin, where it touched Simon's, was warm. I reached up to pull him closer, letting go of his hands in the process, and in response I felt him cup my chin with his left hand, his lips curving into a smile. His movements were sweet, and gentle, and deliberate, and in the pit of my stomach was the feeling that this was absolutely perfect.

When he finally pulled away, and rested his forehead on mine again, I was smiling too. We stared at each other, taking in each detail of the other's face. I wanted to remember how he looked right then forever. I pulled him closer to me, and kissed him again quickly, just once. He chuckled.
"So were you afraid then?" I asked, wonderingly.
"What, of your brother?" He asked. I nodded. He thought for a moment. "It was more the fact that I knew you still valued him, and I didn't want to be the reason for you fighting with him. But that doesn't matter anymore. And in a way, I'm glad I waited, because that, right then, was perfect."
"Simon, you are beautiful," I murmured. "I'm glad you always know what to say, because I never do."
"You are no less beautiful yourself Jordyn," he smiled, shaking his head. "Come on, we'll both get sick if we don't go inside soon." I nodded, and jumped down from the trampoline. Simon took my hand, and we walked back inside again. The rain continued to pour down upon the world outside, but it didn't seem dismal anymore. In that moment, nothing could be anything but perfect.

A/N: oh wow you guys really owe me for this chapter... It took ridiculously long heh. But it was worth it <3

Can we please take one more moment for the fact that neither Simon or the rest of his friends can get over his halfway goal, like literally they're still talking about it in videos it's so cute :D

And also #minizerk because life.

K thnx Bai <3