Chapter 43: Of Jordyn's Dad

This chapter is dedicated to awesomesauce2413 because she's a legend :) Tysm for all the support on this story :) hope you smile when you see this <3

Tourist, noun.
One who wanders, but isn't lost.

Chapter forty three: Of Jordyn's Dad
The next few days were fairly laid back, and consisted mostly of us wandering around to various places, and doing touristy things. We went to Kings Park, and Elizabeth Quay, which the guys enjoyed, although they told me Perth was just trying to be like England. We went to Adventure World, Coogee Beach, Cottesloe Beach, and one day we took a day trip to Mandurah, which was spent mostly at the beach as well. We did two or three fan meet ups, and spent a few hours hanging out with a few of my old friends from basketball and cheer. I introduced the guys to my younger cousins as well, but apart from Meah, they were all quite young, the eldest of them being Meah's fourteen year old sister, so we didn't spend a lot of time with them. However, it was pretty cute to see them messing around with the kids, and it meant I got to catch up with them as well. Most of the guys had done their Christmas shopping before we'd flown out to Australia, but a few, as well as myself, still had a bit to do, so we ended up at various shopping destinations every now and again.

"You'll get to meet my dad tomorrow," I said to Simon, as we were both sat in the living room, playing co-op Portal 2, which was one of our favourite games, on mine and Lachlan's double monitors. It was nice to be able to just play, every once in a while, without having to commentate.
"Oh?" Said Simon, in answer to my statement. "I did wonder where he was, but I didn't want to bring it up, incase something had happened, you know? You never spoke about him much."
"Oh, my bad," I smiled, "I guess I never told you. No, that block needs to go up there..." I pointed to Simon's screen. "See? Then it'll open this door here."
"Oh, I see what you mean," he nodded, making his character walk up the stairs, and drop the block on the sensor. He was playing with the long skinny character, as usual. "So what's your dad like?"
"Oh he's chill, you'll like him," I replied.
"That's not the question though, Jord," he laughed. "The question is, will he like me?" I joined in his laughter.
"I'd say almost definitely," I smiled at him. "He's not as quick to judge as my brother, if that's what you're thinking. They are pretty similar, but my dad's grown up, my brother hasn't."
"Oh," said Simon. "So where is he now?"
"Well he does FIFO work, because he's an engineer, so..."
"Wait, what? FIFO?"
"Fly in, fly out work," I explained. "How have you not heard that term before?"
"Just never have," he shrugged, smiling at me.
"Heaps of people do it here," I said. "We have a lot of mines up north, and people fly up there to work, and then fly back again. My dad does two weeks on, and one week off."
"Oh, I guess you don't see much of him then," said Simon.
"It's not too bad actually," I said, considering, "Since Lachlan and I are home all the time, when we're not overseas, so on his off week we see a lot of each other. He played basketball too, before he started FIFO, but after that he couldn't commit to it, which sucks for him, I guess. But he plays with us when he's home." Simon was smiling at me. "Sorry, I'm rambling again, hey."
"If you haven't noticed, I love listening to you talking," he said. "You only start rambling when it's something you're passionate about, or something you've really thought through, and I dunno, it's cute."
"I love you Simon," I smiled.
"I love you too-aah! Dammit, I fell in the electric water stuff."
"Okay, maybe put this portal higher so you've got further to fall... here, I can do this one, you get the other."
"Okay, I can do that..." he broke off, as he concentrated on what he was doing. "Damn, this is a hard level."

At this point, Josh entered the room.
"Hey you two, we're thinking of doing challenge videos in the pool, if you wanna join," he said.
"Sounds good to me," I nodded. "I think this is the last level, anyway."
"What are the others doing?" Asked Simon.
"Well Tobi, Behz, and Manny are in the pool already, and JJ's gone for a walk with Meah, but I texted him, and they're coming back to join us."
"Those two went for a walk?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, and glancing at Simon. "Damn, I've not been paying attention, are they just friends, or..."
"Dunno," shrugged Josh, "But I think they'd be cute."
"Well, last time I spoke with Meah, she was thinking about joining me in America for cheer, so maybe something could work out for them," I laughed.

A/N: I'm thinking of doing 'snapshots' of their touristing in Australia, (so a photo with a description) because their touristing is not a big part of the plot, but I don't want to skip over such a large space of time. Let me know what u think :)

K thnx Bai <3