Chapter 29: Ronaldo and Messi

Ronaldo, adjective.
1. Used to describe a person who is skilled in football.
2. Used to describe a person who is skilled in having a big ego.

Chapter twenty nine: Ronaldo and Messi
The game was very even, being one all at half time. I'd managed to get a cross from the left in to Summer, who smashed it in at top left. Their goal had been scored by their right mid, who had a powerful kick in her, and proved that their team weren't gonna be put off by conceding first. However, our team had had more shots at the goal, giving us hope for the next half.

Our hopes were not unfounded, when in the first two minutes of the second half, Summer had scored another goal. I'd been subbed off, but when I came on again, the score was still 2-1 to us.
"Defence is too ready for me now," said Summer. "Try and get a shot in, Jordy, I'll one two to you when we get up there next."
"Gotcha," I nodded. "You're doing amazing by the way, keep it up!" She grinned happily, and ran to her place. It was easy to see she belonged here on the pitch as much as I belonged behind a camera. We had the lead now, but if we could push it one further and seal the deal, we'd all feel more comfortable. The other team were really pushing to take back the lead, and they had a lot more shots, taking most of the possession in this half. However, our defence was stubbornly strong, and our goalie was "basically inform", to use Tobi's analogy, as some of her saves were incredible.

Ellie took a throw in, and tossed it into me down the line. I took a touch, and ran up the field with it, looking for Summer. She was ready, and I passed it across to her. She dribbled around the defender, and took a fake shot, and then passed it back to me as I reached the box. The ball was pretty high, and I jumped to get my head to it. I felt the ball contact with my skin, and turned to see it rebound off the crossbar. I was ready for it again, and smashed back into the goal with my left foot. The crowd roared, and I could hear my friends in the stadium yelling like maniacs as I ran to celebrate with my teammates. I yelled with joy too, as Summer and I high fived with both hands. We'd secured our lead, and five minutes later, the game was all over, with the score 3-1 to us. We all trooped off the pitch, after shaking hands with the other team again. We were tired, but incredibly happy. Summer got 'girl of the match', for her truly skilful playing, although it was a close one between her and our goalie, who'd had some incredible saves during the game. Summer, as humble as ever, thought I should have got it for my goal, but I didn't agree with her, of course. We had a playful argument about it as Summer, Ellie, and I headed outside to meet up with the people who came to see us. Summer's parents ran over to her, and pulled her into a tight hug, whilst her little sisters bounced around happily. Ellie was enveloped by her entire family, three brothers, two sisters, mum and dad. I got hit by a JJ and Simon avalanche. JJ picked me up, and placed me on his shoulders triumphantly.
"JORDY IS THE NEXT RONALDO EVERYBODY, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!" Simon and I cracked up laughing at him.
"That goal was sick!" Grinned Simon.
"Alright, put me down, you idiot," I laughed. JJ returned me to the ground, and Simon hugged me tightly, spinning me around. He put me down again, and kissed my forehead, his blue eyes shining brightly. As he released me from his grasp, I noticed Josh, Vik and Lachlan coming over to us. They each had their congratulations to say as well.
"You was amazing Jord!" Exclaimed Josh. "That goal off the crossbar rebound was incredible."
"Next level," grinned Vik. Lachlan hugged me tightly. I was just thinking it was nice to have my brother here to share this moment with, when he ruined it all by saying quietly:
"I saw Simon kiss you."
"What, is he not allowed to or something?" I rolled my eyes. He gave me a look, and said no more. Summer and Ellie came over to us at at point, and he had to drop the subject.
"Oi, RONALDO!" Yelled Summer.
"Ew, Messi, we're not friends," I giggled. "I'm way cooler than you."
"So accurate," laughed Josh. "Hey you two, you were amazing today as well."
"Yeah, congrats on getting Girl of the match too Summer," smiled Simon. Summer nodded, returning his smile.
"Thanks guys," grinned Ellie. "It was awesome that you could come and watch!"
"It was worth it," said JJ. "You looked really professional, honestly."
"Hey, Jordy, guess what!" Exclaimed Summer, who obviously had news to tell that she couldn't hold in any longer.
"What?" I asked.
"An official from the national women's football team saw us play today, and she wants me to try out for their team!"
"And that's not all," added Ellie excitedly, "her parents said she can drop out of college if she gets in!"
"That's amazing!" I exclaimed, pulling her into a hug. "See, I told you if you push at something you love you'll get there in the end." She laughed. The guys all gave their congratulations too. I was truly happy for her. She worked so hard for this, and really deserved to go far.
"Oh my gosh, I have to call Em and tell her!" exclaimed Summer. I smiled, as the two girls said goodbye, and ran off excitedly. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, and looked up to see Simon's dark blue eyes smiling at me.
"Well then, Ronaldo," he said. "Do you wanna go out, or go home?"
"Home," I replied tiredly. "Let's celebrate with all the junk food and video games we can lay our hands on."
"Sounds like our kind of celebration," he grinned. "Let's go then."