Chapter 11: Three Blind Mice

Mad, adjective.
When the innuendos are so next level you can't even deal.

Chapter eleven: Three Blind Mice

The house was warm when I walked inside, but somehow I still felt cold, and although Frey and Em had given me a friendly greeting, and we'd talked for a few minutes, I still felt lonely.

It was strange, and something that was new to me. I had never had a friend before who I'd felt the need to spend so much time with. Despite being extroverted, I needed a lot of alone time. Yet somehow it didn't matter if he was there.

I loved Frey and Em to death, as they were my first 'internet friends' as we liked to call it. We'd met early on, and therefore knew each other well, since we'd struggled through the majority of our teenage years together. But we were all so different that there was still things we would never understand about each other. With Simon it wasn't like that. We understood each other perfectly.

I wondered if this was what it was like to have a best friend?

I began overthinking everything, which I was prone to do every so often. By the time I'd finished editing and uploading the parkour for today, my brain had done at least fifty laps over the same course.

I was thinking, chiefly, about my brother's worries and concerns about me. I knew he didn't trust any of the Sidemen, with the exception of his best friend Vik, because of something that had happened at Gamescom with myself and one of their friends. I had lost any confidence in myself, and that had taken a while to rebuild.

Two, almost three years had passed since then. During that time, I'd grown accustomed to Lachlan making all my decisions for me. I just couldn't trust myself. Now that I wanted to move on from that, he wasn't ready to let me, which was part of why I moved away from my home, so I could grow up on my own, and step out from behind his shadow.

But somehow, I was still worried about what he would think of my close friendship with Simon.

I decided to take a warm shower, and tried, without success, to shove my thoughts in a different direction. I began to feel a little better, as I allowed the water to run over my head and down my body, but my mind was still spinning like a drunk compass. Night time was always the worst time to think about things, I knew that.

I got out of the shower, and pulled out my YouTube merch jacket, which was a black, red and gold varsity with a dragon, and JordyNexuS on it. I put on a Sidemen XIX t-shirt and jeans, and put my jacket on over the top. Then I went downstairs.

The kitchen was quiet, and only the energy saver lights were on. Em and Frey were both in bed, where I knew I should be right now, but the afternoon nap had left me with plenty of energy, and I was wide awake. I took out my phone, and texted the 'Squad' group chat.

Jordyn - Oi you lot who's awake and not busy?

Josh - yeah me I'm bored af let's do something

Simon - wide awake slept too long this arvo lol

Jordyn - I feel ya plus my minds in 60 places atm can't concentrate on anything

Josh - Jord start walking this way me and Simon will see u in ten

Jordyn - gotcha

I pocketed my phone and house keys, and left the house quietly. I put my jacket hood up as soon as I was outside, to block the cold breeze from my ears, and began walking towards the sidemen house.

I met the two boys halfway, as we'd planned.

"Hashtag midnight adventures," I grinned.

"It's eleven," stated Simon.

"Why you gotta rain on my parade, bro?" I laughed.

Simon rolled his eyes playfully.

"Josh where the hell are we going, by the way?" I asked.

"Can tell you that, wouldn't be a mystery then, innit."

"No, you can't use innit in that sentence Josh," I laughed. "It doesn't work."

"Whatever," said Josh. "Let's go."

"Brits are weird," I commented.

"Hey!" Protested Simon. "Don't include me in this."

He slung his arm casually around both Josh and my shoulders, which, since he was a head and a half taller than me, and half a head on Josh, he could easily do.

"Squad goals," he stated. "We're the three little pigs."

I snorted.

"More like the three blind mice wandering around in the dark."

"Nah, I definitely prefer the power puff girls," laughed Josh. "We'd make a good threesome."

"Mad," stated Simon.

"That sentence bypassed your brain and went straight to your mouth, didn't it," I said.

"Ah, shut up Jordy," laughed Josh. "Why you gotta be so rude."

"Banter," smirked Simon.

I felt him move his arm down from my shoulder to my waist, as we continued to walk towards who knows where. We continued to laugh at each other's expense, deliberately bumping into one another every now and again. And I realised that this was what I needed, because around these guys I didn't have to try to be anything I wasn't. Which begged the question in my head, when it came to my brother and his friends, why did I have to try?

The thought was torn from my mind when josh began repeating some crazy conversation the guys had had in their GTA recording earlier today. I burst out laughing, and I felt Simon's chest move as he chuckled. I looked up at him to find his blue eyes were already on me. He was smiling, and his eyes shone in the light of the street lamps, and I knew that he was truly happy in this moment.

In the back of my mind, there was the thought that there was something beautiful about Simon's smile, and although the glance only lasted a second, it made me smile too. My mind was still in a turmoil, but the storm was gradually settling, and I began to be able to make sense of the incoherent jumble that was my train of thought.

Somehow, he had that effect on me.

I felt him squeeze me tightly to him for a second, before releasing me again. Yeah, I guess there was definitely something there between the two of us. But I guess we were both letting it do it's own thing.

A/N: hehehe awww <3