Chapter 68: Catching Feels

Friendship and banter, nouns.
They kinda go together, y'know. Can't have one without the other. Friendship without banter is boring. Banter without friendship is shots fired.

Chapter sixty eight: Catching Feels
At this point, Anya, Freezy, and Harry joined us, and they greeted us happily. Everyone seemed to be in such a good mood this evening.
"Will someone please go swimming with Anya so she stops complaining," said Harry, in a half amused voice.
"Swimming?" Said Simon. "Anya you're crazy, it's freezing!"
"See?" Smirked Freezy triumphantly. "It IS too cold."
"I'll go swimming," said Chris unexpectedly. "It's not even that cold, you guys."
"It's definitely cold," said Harry. "But you are wearing a coat, to be fair."
"Awesome," grinned Anya. "Let's go then."  The two of them walked off, and I glanced at Calfrozen and Harry to see them looking after their friend a little crestfallen. Simon was quite clearly trying not to laugh at the two of them, so for the sake of preserving their friendship, I excused us from the group, and pulled him away to a secluded corner. He started giggling uncontrollably, which was honestly adorable, and I couldn't help but join in his infectious laughter.
"Cal looked like a dying sheep," he snorted.
"Yes he did, poor guy!" I stated. "I want to be mad at you for being so mean to him, but it was too funny!"
"He'll get over it," shrugged Simon. "He's not in that deep yet anyway, so long as Anya isn't stringing him on, which I don't think she will."
"She doesn't seem like that type of girl," I agreed with him.
"Anya and Chris have absolutely no idea, do they," he smiled.
"Come on, they barely just met, of course they see each other as nothing more than friends," I said. "Cal and Harry are way overreacting. Cal more so, because I think he does actually like her."
"Allow it though," Simon smirked. "I called it that they'd be cute together, wasn't I right?"
"I'll give you that," I said. "See, I told you you were better at relationships than me. You always have been." This came across a little more bitterly than I had intended, and Simon looked at me in surprise. "Sorry," I murmured, immediately. "I didn't mean it to sound like that."
"It's okay," he said quietly, taking both my hands in his own. "Jordy, don't let what's happened continue to affect you. This isn't about me being better than you, or you being better than me. I know we've been dating almost a year, but in the bigger picture, that's not a very long time. We're still learning about each other, it's okay to make mistakes sometimes." I nodded, smiling at him.
"Thank you, for... for saying that," I said. "If something is ever bothering you, I don't care how small of an issue you think it is, please just tell me what's going on, okay?"
"Okay," he nodded. I reached up, and kissed him, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me tightly. Things were peaceful now in our relationship, and I hoped they would stay that way.

The whole Anya-Chris dynamic continued to play out, during the little time I had left now before my turn to America. Since Chris wasn't over from Jersey that often, he stayed a couple of days at the sidemen house while they recorded videos, and he was frequently joined by Behz, Anya, Tobi, Harry, and Freezy. Even Vik was around and about more often these days, since season three of How to Minecraft was now over. The house seemed to be constantly over crowded, but it was fun that way. It was around this time that Josh and JJ, who had been casually looking at other houses they could possibly move into, finally decided that it needed to happen some time in the near future. Josh and Freya had wanted to move in together for some time, but both were reluctant to leave their friends. It was JJ who suggested us moving into a larger house all together. The house they were looking at was massive - ten bedrooms, eight bathrooms, and a number of rooms that could be set up as either recording rooms or spare bedrooms. It was exciting, that was for sure. We just weren't sure yet if we were ready for the responsibility of a massive house like that.

"And now," sighed JJ, "to talk Meah into moving over here."
"You know," I said, "I reckon she might do it. She could always try her eventing over here, I know she's struggled with it a bit, it's just hard when you're new to a place, and nobody knows you, so you don't get hired."
"Wait, does Meah do Events Management?" Asked Josh.
"Yeah," nodded JJ.
"Well that's perfect!" Josh responded. "We need someone who knows what they're doing to help with planning our Upload Event, and to sort through the other ideas we had. We were thinking about a football game for charity, writing a book..." JJ snorted.
"Us write a book? As if that would ever happen."
"You never know JJ," Josh laughed. "Get Meah onto it."
"Oh don't worry, I will," he smiled. "Wow, it's been ages. It'd be nice to have her here all the time, I really miss her, y'know."
"Aww," said Simon, coming up behind JJ to join us, and wrapping his arms around his friend playfully. "Look at you being all soft and cute!"
"Almost as bad as you, Simon," smirked Josh. The three of them dissolved into giggles. I shook my head at them, laughing.
"You guys are ridiculous," I smiled. I loved the relationship between the three of them. They threw a lot of insults at each other, but there was always genuine care and affection there which had stood the test of time.
"Oh, look at those two now," smirked Josh quietly, cutting in on my thoughts. He pointed to where Anya and Chris were sitting side by side on the lounge chair, battling it out at FIFA, and having a heated, but playful argument about wether Chris deserved the penalty shot he'd been given.
"They got really close, really quickly," I smiled. "I love their friendship, the banter is amazing."
"Ethan is so happy to have his sister back, finally," said Josh. "I never realised they were that close, but she's really important to him. But it is cute that brother and sister are falling in love at the same time."
"Oh!" I exclaimed. "I meant to ask you guys, thoughts on Emily and Ethan?"
"I think Em and Manny decided they were better off as friends, and it was like Ethan was waiting for a chance with her," said JJ.
"Yeah, it's cute, honestly," smiled Simon. "And he gets all jealous of her friendship with Manny too."
"He doesn't have a reason to," I laughed. "She definitely likes him too. I hope they get together soon, they'd be perfect, although I never would have picked it earlier, I can see it now."
"That's how life works, I suppose," smiled Josh. "I was friends with Freya for years before I caught feels."
"You caught feels?" I laughed. "I thought that was a white girl phrase Josh!"
"Oh shut it, you," he laughed.

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT if I wrote a Chrismd fanfic would people read it? #blameAnya