One

"Listen to me baby" Normani's mother said with a dejected look on her face but hope in her voice as she saw her daughter stressing "You are extremely talented. I need you to understand that. Don't let the fear of being great hold you back, your ex group mates already did enough of that. This solo career that your are about to embark on will allow you to showcase your talents and the world just need to be ready for Normani kordei" .

Normani's mother always knew the right things to say to get her daughter out of these moods she would get into.

Normani has had this problem every since she was younger, she was more passive which caused her to doubt her talents and let others take the lead.

She worked up the confidence to try out for a girl group when she was 18 and she was chosen.

The group was then named "DNAC" it was just the first initial of each girls name. Dinah, Normani, Ally & Camila. Pretty generic right.

The leader of the group was Dinah & everyone was fine with that besides Camila. She felt she deserved to be lead because she had the "look". This often caused conflict between Dinah and Camila & their conflicts often dragged Normani and ally in too.

Normani knew she deserved a bigger role in the group because hell she had the look, the voice and she danced better than all of them.

However, she wasn't confident enough to speak out about it and a lot of times was over looked by the managers, directors & choreographers because of that.

She even held back on her dance moves so that she could fit in with them and not outshine anyone.

The drama became too much for the girls to handle and the group decided to split. Not before making a little name for themselves, people always compared them to Danity Kane which isn't bad. But when they formed the group they were hoping to be mentioned in the likes of TLC & destinys child when it was all over. That just wasn't the case.

It's been about 6 months since the group announced their split after two years & one of the managers of the group decided to back Normani and her solo career.

This was good, she didn't have to start from nowhere & people already knew of her because of the group. She just needed to make a name for herself as Normani kordei & not be known as one of those girls who was it that group. She wanted to be huge & she knew she had the talent and potential for it she just had to break out of her shell.

Her manager thought her best bet to becoming known world wide was to try an get a song with someone who already had an established career.

Normani agreed on that because she knew he was right about 90% of the time. "Hey mani, I'm looking in to a few artists that might be willing to collaborate with you. Hers the list, look". He handed the paper to her and she took it anxiously so see what he had in mind.

As she looked over it she saw names like Kid ink, Trey songz, Wale & Jason Derulo. None of the names really grabbed her attention but if she had to choose trey songz would be the best option being as though he is the biggest name out of that list.

"I know you would like someone on the lines of drake and Chris brown but it's hard to even get in contact with guys like that, so this is a start" her manager continued as her eyes scanned the list.

"Why no women?" The brown skin girl questioned.

"Fans like female and male colabs, they think it's hot. But if you would like me to look over some female artist I can can do that for you. There sound would have to be different from yours though. So you two can stand out in your own different ways." He was right, it was no point to collab with a woman that has the same r&b rhythmic voice as she did.