Fifteen

Normani's POV:

I take a step closer to her still not believing my eyes. My first love, someone I haven't seen in three years is right in my face. A rush of emotions are flowing back just by looking at her again.

"You look like you saw a ghost" she says with a small grin.

"Zendaya.. I tried to contact you so many times" my voice comes out as a hurt whisper.

She sighs and nods her head "I know.. But you have to understand Normani. I was hurt, you left me"

I frown not knowing what to say. She was right I did leave her. We were in love for most of high school and I put her through so much hiding our relationship from my mom & from everyone else and she still stuck with me. But as soon as I see opportunity elsewhere I leave her. She didn't deserve.

"I'm sorry.."

She smiles "Keep it. This isn't the place for this type of conversation anyway" she says hinting at all of the cameras. Causing me to realize that we are standing in the middle of the red carpet.

"So.. maybe we can talk about this another-"

I am interrupted by someone in my ear "Normani you have to get moving"

"Another time?" I finish my previous statement ignoring him.

She smiles and walks slightly closer "Can I hug you?"

I am in complete shock. We haven't heard from or seen eachother in three years after such a sudden ending to us. I thought she hated me.

She reaches her arms out and I smile as well as we hug. She smells the same, or even better.

I remember the scent from those senior nights when we would sneak away in her car, park in a parking lot and cuddle in the back seat. One of the only places we could be intimate together. Spending hours talking, snuggling, kissing. I would have to tell my mom I lost track of time a Jillys house just to avoid getting in trouble.

My eyes flicker back open when about 10 to 15 cameras click as I'm in her hold. Im glad no one knows about us or that we were in love at one point because this hug would cause headlines about us to be everywhere.

She pulls out of the hug "Maybe I'll see you around" she says with a smile.

"Ma'am it's time" the man says, this time grabbing my arm slightly trying to guide me down the carpet.

"Yes, maybe" I say grinning uncontrollably.

I turn to him "okay damn I can walk by myself"

He smiles and removes his grip from my arm "Sorry ma'am" he slides his hand to my lower back guiding me up the carpet.

These men are so annoying but I know they're just doing their jobs so I shrug it off.

Along the walk my mind travels back to her.

'wow'

//

Lauren and I were backstage getting ready for our performance and I could tell something was on her mind.

"What's up?" I asked her trying to figure out why I'm in the midst of a thirty minute silent treatment.

"Why'd you look at her like that?" She asks very bluntly, getting straight to the point.

I swallow "And what look are you talking about Lauren?"

"Like you were infatuated with her" she says frowning slightly.

I sigh. I know Lauren has had problems with previous relationships and that's why she's so guarded and possessive. But she has to understand that I wouldn't hurt her. I would never. She gives me everything I look for, everything I need. I love her.