Nine

After the interview the girls met up with their managers back at the headquarters at Def Jam. Seth had told them, including Troy to meet him in the conference room so that they could discuss the song and future engagements involving it.

He sat at the desk with a smug look on his face as they entered. Normani noticed but decided to ignore it and took her seat. "Ladies.." He spoke in a monotone.

"Hey Seth" Normani grinned. Lauren just nodded and smiled to acknowledge his greetings.

"Let's start off by saying this song is IT! I'm so proud of both of you girls" he spoke as they cheered and high fived, celebrating the success.

"Number one on ITunes! Who would've thought!" Troy added.

"We did" Normani said grinning and grabbing Lauren's arm holding it close to her.

The green eyed girl return the smile and placed her head on Normani's shoulder. Seth glared at them intently looking at the interaction between the two. This time Normani wasn't the only one to notice his look, Lauren saw it as well.

"You guys will be performing on Good Morning America on 8/10, meaning you have 4 days to rehearse" Troy said while looking over his notes.

"Yeah this will be your first performance so don't fuck up." Seth spoke and Lauren could see the nervousness in Normani's eyes so she slid her hand down to the brown girls thigh and gave her an assuring squeeze.

"We have an Ellen performance scheduled for 8/14 & a VMA performance on 8/29" Troy continued.

"& somewhere in between that we'll shoot the video" Seth added.

A lot was going to be happening in this month but the girls had already expected that, they both were pretty used to it to be honest. To say they were excited would be an understatement.

After the meeting wrapped up and they all left the room Lauren saw Troy and grabbed his arm getting his attention. "What's up Lauren?" He asked.

"What's going on with Seth? Did I do something?" The Latina questioned.

Troy sighed knowing what she meant "I have to ask you something Lauren".

"Go on" she said nodding her head.

"What's going on between you and Normani?".

Lauren's stomach dropped to her knees hearing that question come from her managers mouth "W-what? What do you mean?" she questioned nervously.

She knew Normani wanted no one to know about them yet.

"Honestly you don't even need to answer that question because it's obvious. I don't have a problem with it, Seth does" He said scratching his head and looking up at the ceiling "If you two are serious he doesn't want the public knowing & if it's just fun, games & fucking between you two he wants it to stop" he spoke and brought his eyes back to Lauren, who now looked disgusted.

"It is serious! We're not just playing around and fucking, this is real! How the fuck does he think he can tell me what-" By this time Lauren was yelling unknowingly so Troy cut her off.

"Shh quiet! Calm down Lauren, I'm not the one who opposes. He didn't say forever, just not now while the song is gaining all of this success." Troy snapped back.

"He can't tell me what the fuck to do. The only thing that is keeping me from telling the world about us is Normani.. But trust, as soon as she's ready it will be told" the Latina said bluntly while shooing Troy away with her arm and walking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normani's POV: 

After a busy morning of interviews and meetings it felt good to get to my house, take my shoes off and relax. It was about 6 pm now and I planned on having a pretty chill rest of the day.