Five

Lauren's POV:

I woke up with Normani still sleeping in my arms and all I could do was grin. It felt so good to fall asleep with her after a long and productive night.

We talked and talked and I learned so much more about her. She told me how her lacking in confidence often caused her to be placed in the back behind her other group mates and not in the spotlight where she deserved.

When she said that all I could do was gasp. This woman is literally flawless and somewhere deep down inside she didn't believe it.

Now with this song coming out and knowing we will be performing it many times, I want her to become the star we all know she can be.

I want her to shine and break through. I plan on doing anything I can possibly do to build her up.

But not only was I shocked by her lack in confidence because of her beauty and natural talent but also because of how aggressive and forward she is with me.

She's a flirt and gets a kick out of turning me on. However I think she's withholding information from me. I know she has feelings for me. There's a reason more than just mixing business with pleasure as to why she doesn't want to be with me and I'm going to find it out.

There was no way for me to ease out from behind her with out waking her up anyway so after about five minutes of sitting and admiring her beauty as she slept I gave her shoulder a light squeeze "Mani.. Mani".

She opened one eye while squinting her face clearly confused. I giggled, how could she look so beautiful even at a time like this?

She hopped up extremely fast as if someone shot energy up her spine.

Still sitting on the couch and rubbing her eyes she looked at me and spoke "We fell asleep.. We were spooning" she almost looked disappointed.

I grinned "Nice wasn't it?" Probably wasn't the best thing to say but I couldn't help it.

"I guess.." She responded dryly not even cracking a small smile at my attempt at flirting.

"What's wrong?" I asked already knowing the answer.

She didn't answer, just looking down and playing with her fingers so I continued "I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep. My intention wasn't to make you uncomfortable or anything. I would've left if-" she cut me off.

"That's the problem Lauren. I didn't want you to leave, I felt so damn comfortable in your arms. You have this way of making me feel at home. Over these two weeks of getting to know you and spending almost everyday with you I'm starting to like you.. Alot and that's bad".

Normani was finally expressing how she felt about me & hearing it only made my attraction towards her grow. Hearing those worlds come out of her mouth caused my stomach to flutter but I was confused. Why would 'Us' be so damn bad?

"Why is that bad mani? I know the whole business and pleasure reason, but that's just an excuse. So what am I missing? Tell me please" I begged.

She paused and took a deep breath. Her eyes now looking up at the ceiling as tears began to form in them. Once her eyes connected to mine, that now were full of confusion, she began talking. "In my last relationship.. He was overprotective...very overprotective" she stopped briefly to gather herself as the tears that were forming finally began to slide down her cheeks.

I stuck my hands out and wiped her tears with my thumb "Mani take your time".

She continued "Every time he would suspect something involving me and another person, woman or man he would interrogate me which would always lead to a big argument. I couldn't even hang out with my bestfriend Jilly often because he would threaten me. I thought it was because he loved me and wanted me all to himself so I didn't think too much of it." Her voice was now two octaves higher and it was getting hard for her to form words.

You Need Me (Laurmani)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara