Twenty-nine

The brown girl was sitting on the edge of her bed after a long restless night. She was gathering strength to get up for the day when her phone rung.

She reached for it and sighed a little when she saw the name. She didn't know what to expect from the conversation after what happened last night.

"Hello"

"Hey baby"

"Hey Z.."

"I just wanted to apologize for leaving angry, that shouldn't have happened" she pouted through the phone.

"No, I'm sorry. I got mad for no reason. Where are you? How was your flight?"

"I landed a little while ago, in the hotel now. I didn't want to call until I knew you were awake. I miss you already. I didn't get my morning kisses" she spoke in her playful baby voice.

"You'll see me when you get back and I'll be sure to lay a few wet ones on you" Normani chuckled "What is your day looking like?"

"I go to glams in about an hour and I'll spend the rest of the day pretty much kissing ass until the first fashion show"

Normani giggled "Good luck, keep me updated. I'm free for most of the day besides a quick interview"

"Will do.. Normani I love you. I wish you could be here. You'll be on my mind as I walk the runway tonight. And baby we'll be okay. I'm in this for the long run"

There was a pause through the phone as if she was trying to gather her thoughts.

"I'll never let you leave me again. No matter what I have to do"

"I love you too Zen"

"I'll call you sometime before your release party"

She hung up before they even said their goodbyes and flung her phone across the room. She hated that she couldn't get her emotions together. It was driving her crazy because in fact some days she did want Zendaya.

Some days Zendaya was the best person ever. But other times she felt that longing for someone else which wasn't fair to Zendaya.

//

Laurens POV:

"Have you called her?" The british guy asked as him and Lauren sat in the recording studio.

They were set to work on his collab with her but of course being the close friends they are they have been lost in conversation waiting on the producers.

Lauren sat back and let out a sigh "Well we talked about a week ago.. I just keep using the 'just keeping you updated' excuse since she told me to keep her updated. I want to really talk to her but, I'm afraid"

"She asked about you" Liam spoke.

Lauren raised both of her brows "What? She did? When did you talk to her?"

"Yesterday.. She invited me to her album release party"

Laurens jaw dropped "Her album.. Oh my god. I didn't even congratulate her on it. I'm so stupid"