Thirteen

Lauren's POV:

I woke up around 7 this morning so I could go get a few things to surprise Normani for our one month. I'm going to make sure this is the best day of her life so far, it's my goal.

"Baby.. Baby get up" I said climbing on her placing my knees on each side of her body. She didn't budge so I rocked my hips fast bouncing a little, I couldn't use my hands because they were being my back hiding her surprises "Maniiiii!"

"WHAT LAUREN?!" She yelled finally opening her eyes.

"God you're grumpy in the morning" I pouted and her hard face softened into a smile.

"I'm sorry babe" she said reaching to pinch my cheeks, her eyes traveled down to my arms "What's behind your back?"

I smile and bring my arms to the front "Happy one month mami"

"Awwwwww thank you baby" she said with her smile reaching ear to ear. She sat up causing me to get from on top of her and grabbed the card first."Read it out loud, sorry it's kind of long" I say blushing

My hot chocolate,
One by one each day flew by since you said you would be mine and made me the luckiest girl ever. Now a month is passed us. A month full of memories that I wouldnt trade for the world, the good and the bad ones. Each moment spent with you should be and is treasured by me. I can't wait for this month we spent to turn into years and years of you being by my side. I can't wait for holidays with you, I can't wait until we move in together and I get to wake up to you making breakfast in my t-shirt every morning. Hearing the words 'I love you too Lauren' escape your mouth made me the happiest person in the world. I have you, I have your fragile heart and I plan on protecting it at all costs. I know now more stronger than ever that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can't imagine you leaving me. I can't imagine my world without you now that you're such a huge part of it. Instead I imagine us growing old together and still being madly in love and that fills me with unspeakable delight. That's right your stuck with me. Thank you for making me feel loved and I promise to do the same thing for you forever and ever. I love you Normani kordei, I'm in love with you and that's one thing I know will never change no matter what we go through. As long as my heart beats, it will be beating for you.
Happy one month baby - Get ready for the best day of your life thus far.
Love,
Your piping hot latte

Tears had started falling down her cheeks about halfway through. "Lauren.. I love you so much" her voice came out as a whisper. She used her free hand to guide my lips into hers.

"There's more" I say smiling once our lips release "but before you open this bag, I kind of wrote a poem for you" I smiled reaching into my pocket to grab it.

She grinned and nodded waiting for me to start. I clear my throat causing her to giggle.

It's almost impossible to express in words what you mean to me.
To me you are my world; to me you are my everything.
I truly love you from my heart and soul
You know what? In my life you play the most important role
I may not tell you everyday that you are my life
But today I want to tell you that moments I spend with you now are the same moments I can't wait to spend with you when you are my wife
My dear if I ever get to choose my next birth
Then I will tell God that I want to be yours again for my time spent on this earth
I need you, you need me
And I think it's safe to say that I'd even choose you over Queen Bey.

After I said the last line of the poem I held out the Beyonce tickets to her and she jumped into my arms and kissed all over my face causing me to blush. I love seeing her happy.