Twenty-Six

A/N:
This chapter may have you a little emo. Idk.

There's some flashbacks and a lot of what they feel inside spoken in this chapter.

This is my first time posting back to back one day after the other. So don't make me regret it, I'll never do it again lol.

Vote and comment😘

As Normani roamed the hallway of the humongous building through a glass door she saw kehlani sitting in the private studio.

She pushed the door open and greeted her with her lips pressed in a line "Hey.. Sorry about that"

The lighter tattooed girl looked up and released the smoke from in her mouth before smiling "It's cool" she patted the couch next to her "Take a seat"

Normani smiled and took the offer, sitting down on the leather sofa. She let out a sigh, putting her elbow up on the top of the chair and putting her head onto her hand.

Kehlani turned and saw the gesture. She raised a brow "Rough day?"

Normani looked up with her hand still in her head and they connected eyes "You have no idea" she breath out through a sarcastic yet hurt chuckle.

The light girl hit her blunt one more time before holding it out to Normani "Want some?"

Normani looked at it. Very hesitant. She never smoked before and she never planned on it. But she knew how it made people feel. Relaxed, free, it took away every care in the world and she wanted to feel that.

On top of that she had no more obligations for the day.

She shrugged and took it from her hand with a smile. The brown plant between her lips. She sucked in the air, inhaling, but taking in far too much for her lung capacity.

She started having a choking fit and kehlani laughed patting her back. Once she called a little she laughed as well.

They connected eyes and still chuckling Normani took another hit, a much smaller intake this time before handing it back to her.

Kehlani hit it as she started to speak "You know.. I get it"

"Get what?" The brown girl asked with her brow raised.

"You're hurting. Looking at you, you seem like a good girl. You've probably never tried this before in your life" she said hinting towards the blunt.

Normani raised her brow as she talked, surprised that kehlani could read her so much and they just met about thirty minutes ago.

"I don't know the details, I don't think any of us outsiders know. But here's a perfect chance to talk if you need to" she smiled and tilted her head to the side.

Normani smiled as well mirroring her actions. She was already feeling the slight buzz.

They began talking and Normani told everything. She talked and talked as she hit and passed the blunt to kehlani repeatedly.

They laughed, like those gut wrenching laughs over and over again. They laughed at things that weren't even funny.

When Normani told kehlani that Lauren did the same thing Arin did. Air formed in her cheeks as she tried to hold in her laughter but it bursted out anyway causing Normani to die laughing as well.

Nothing was funny but they were too high to even care. Normani was laughing the pain away but this was only momentarily.

Once this whole rush of something new is over, she'll go right back into remembering the pain of old.