Eighteen

"Zendaya?" Normani questioned even though she knew exactly who it was.

"Yeah it's me.." She responded softly and there was a pause in the conversation. She didn't know what made her call Normani so randomly, she just really wanted to talk "I'm sorry I'm calling so late"

"No..No it's okay" she sighed and took a breath "I miss you too"

"You did?" Zendaya questioned and Normani could hear the surprise in her voice.

"I missed you so much" Normani breathed out as almost a whipser. She really did miss her and somewhere deep down inside she had been waiting for this call.

"You have idea how good it feels to hear that Normani" the mixed girl blushed from the other side of the phone. "How have you been? I didn't get to ask you that last time"

"I've been good actually, really good hbu?"

"Ehh don't know, I've been a little hurt ever since you took my award from me" Zendaya teased.

Normani chuckled "Hmm is that so? I thought I was very deserving of it?" She said with sarcasm all through her voice.

"You watched that?" Zendaya raised her brows on the other side of the phone "I'm sorry those questions he was asking-"

"No it's okay, you handled them really well actually" she chuckled.

"Did Lauren see?"

"No"

"Is she.. with you now?

"No" Normani answered and there was a long pause in the conversation.

"Normani.."

"Yes?"

"I would really like to hang out with you again...Often" she paused working up the courage "Can we please be friends again?"

She couldn't help but smile "Yes Zendaya I never wanted to stop being your friend. I never wanted stop being your girlfriend.." She sighed "I'm so sorry I left you, you stayed through all we went through. It hurt so bad all these years thinking that you hated me"

"I could never hate you Normani, it's just because of my mom... I don't know how to react when people leave me. It hurts ten times more."

As Zendaya said those words it made Normani feel worse. Zendaya's mother left her as a young girl, leaving her father to raise her alone until he remarried that is & her step mother was the devil.

"I should have came with you, I didn't have much there anyway that's why I'm here now" she chuckles "shit I could've been in DNAC with you. Just added a Z at the end"

They both giggled for a while until Zendaya sighed "I shouldn't have ignored you for all these years either.. I missed you. You were always on my mind"

"Really? I thought after a while you forgot about me.. Especially when I tried to call you last year and you didn't answer"

"You tried to call? Shit I didn't even know" she sighed "God I would do things so differently if I could go back, it was rough not having you"