Twenty-Seven

Normani's POV:

3 Months later

"Babe"

"Yeah?"

"Come here.." She said with a smile patting her lap twice.

I smiled back and walked toward her. Once I reached her, I sat on her lap facing the front and threw my arms around her shoulders.

"I missed you.." She murmured with a smile and her cheeks turning a cute shade of pink.

I roll my eyes and laugh a little bit before pecking her lips "I missed you too Zen, even though I just saw you yesterday. Soundcheck remember?"

She looks down at her fake watch on her wrist smugly before looking back up to me "Hmmm" she hummed smiling "If my clock skills are accurate that was over 18 hours ago & 18 more than my liking"

I blush and tuck my head into her neck before she spoke again "You ready for tonight?"

I lift my head and met her smile "Yes! So ready"

A lot and I mean a lot has changed over the last three months. A lot is different with my mind and my thoughts than what they were three months ago.

I'm happier now. Completely happy? No. But right now I'm content.

Zendaya makes me happy. She's filling a huge gaping hole that was left and I found some type of home in her. Being around her is not the same as it was when we were slightly younger however.

We don't agree on everything and it's we don't always click. It's like somethings is missing. But I guess that's just because the agreeing to be together was fairly new.

I never in a million years would have guessed that at this moment in my life I would be with her because she wasn't the that one I wanted.

The one I wanted is gone.

After that night I heard her outside of my door, I never heard from her again. She stopped calling, she stopped texting, she never knocked again.

For a while I thought she would come back. So I waited. But then I thought she finally had enough of me ignoring her. I thought I had succeeded in pushing her away like I wanted, or at least thought I wanted.

Once the second week hit and I didn't hear from her I broke. I tried calling for the first time. I tried calling her, no answer. It confused me, it stressed me the fuck out.

I thought maybe she had hurt herself or worse. One night I was in a complete panic, a panic that I started going through more and more being as though I stopped taking my pills.

I looked for her with shakey hands and teary eyes. I looked for online for a sign of updates on her. Maybe she had started her album. Maybe it would be information about that.

Nothing, I saw nothing. I called her parents, they didn't answer. I needed an explanation as to why she was just gone out of nowhere.

No matter how much she hurt me at that moment I regretted ignoring her for the amount of time I did. I should've opened the door that night in the middle of her talking but I was too afraid.

Too afraid of the possibility of me holding her and her kissing me and then suddenly I would feel like none of that happened. I didn't want that because it did happened and she needed help.