Sixteen

"Sure, why not?" Normani answered with a smile and a shrug.

She didn't know what she was doing. She just knew it was great to see Zendaya again.

Shortly after the number was plugged into her phone, the car pulled up outside of Laurens.

"Soo.." Zendaya said looking up at the roof of the car and biting her lip.

"So.." Normani responded with a chuckle.

"Why does it seem like I'm dropping you off back home after a date, my hands are even sweating." Zendaya said blushing. Normani could see how nervous she was.

"Well this would've been one wack ass date, seeing as we didn't go anywhere" Normani teased.

Zendaya brows raised "Would you like to?"

"I'm taken by your offer, however Laurens waiting for me"

The mixed girls face dropped. Oh right Lauren. "Well Lauren's a lucky woman" she smiled "Look at you, you're even more beautiful than I remember"

Two pairs of brown eyes were locked on eachothers as the air in the truck got thicker. These eyes were different from the very beautiful green ones that Normani had fallen in love with. But these brown eyes were beautiful as well, a few shades lighter than her own. Somehow they went along perfectly with the face they were placed on.

She had fallen in love with these eyes too at one point and just looking at them made her like brown eyes a little more than green in this moment.

Normani blushed slightly at the compliment and Zendaya spoke again "I can't believe I let you leave me without chasing after you" she sighed.

There was another silent break in the conversation. Neither one of them wanted to call it a night yet. They were enjoying seeing eachother for the first time in years too much. But Normani figured it was time for her to get out of this vehicle before she did something she'd regret.

"Soooo.." Normani said this time breaking the silence.

"Soo"

"I -um think I should get going, she's probably waiting"

"Oh yeah.. Right. Do you want me to walk you up there?"'

"Hell no! Are you crazy?" Normani asked bursting into laughter. "I don't think Laurens too fond of you.. Something about a look exchanged between me and you"

"What? When you where singing to me on stage?" Zendaya questioned with a smirk and a brow raised.

Normani gulped. She didn't think Zendaya would be bold enough to call her out on that. "Uhh.. No"

"Oh? So you've just been looking at me like that all night then huh?" She questioned leaning in slightly.

'Jesus. I have to get out of this damn car'

"No" the brown girl cleared her throat "I just haven't saw you in forever I quite was shocked"

Zendaya leans back in the chair "Yeah, I'm shocked that I even said something to you. It took a lot of guts on my part" she said chuckling

"It sure did" she smiled but it quickly faded once she saw zendayas eyes travel down to her lips "um yeah I think I'm gonna go"

Zendaya frowned "I'll be sure to keep in touch okay? Can't have you running out of my life again" she said and smiled holding her arms out hinting for Normani to hug them, which she did.

"I missed you.." The mixed girl spoke softly into Normani's ear. Which for some reason sent shutters down her back.

"I missed you too Zen"