Twenty-Five

Laurens POV:

"Normani.."

She stood there for a second and I stepped back to let her in.

Almost it looked as if she didn't want to come in. She didn't use her key, maybe she was checking to see if I was here. My car isn't outside.

I'm trying to read her but it's impossible, she didn't even look me in the eyes.

Once I shut the door I turn to her and reach my hand out timidly, it's even shaking as I hold it out  "I'm soooo sorry baby" I whisper out with desperation in my voice.

I'm looking dead in her face, trying to find a glimpse of what we had before. The happiness that we brought eachother.

Surprisingly her hand meets mine, but what's more surprising is what I feel once they touch.

I look down at my hand as she pulls hers away "W-What's this?" I gasp and look back up at her with an appalled look on my face "Mani.."

In my hand I hold her half of our love. The sterling silver necklace that completed mine. Her lock to my key. I looked back down at it and tears formed in my eyes.

My jaw is slacked as I look to her and see a bare neck over top of her perfect collar bones. She took it off?

She told me she would never take it off. We both vowed that as long as we lived our the necklaces would be around our necks and she took it off.

She told me she wouldn't, but I told her I wouldn't hurt her. I told her I would never hurt her physically or mentally and I did both.

I look up to her eyes and blink, sending tears down my cheeks. "I. Am. So. Sorry" I breathe out, squeezing the necklace in my hand tightly.

"Please take this back.. Baby, you know that wasn't me. It wasn't me.." I cried out and tried to grab her arm. "I would never hurt you, I don't -I don't know what happened. I blacked."

She pulled her arm away with a disgusted face "I reaaaally don't want you to touch me"

This was my first time hearing her voice in three and a half weeks and this is what she tells me. Her beautiful soothing voice wants nothing to do with me.

I step back and run my hand over my forehead into my hair "I need you to forgive me, believe me I am truly so so sorry, NOTHING like this will happen ever again. EVER"

These words are truth, I'll trust her like I should've before. I'll give her space. I'll hold her. I'll love on her. I'll never drinking. I'll get help. I'll get my mind right. I'll stop letting Lucy ruin me. I'll do anything.

"I came to get my things Lauren"

As those words came out of her mouth my entire life flashed before me. She can't leave me. She just can't.

"What? Noo, please" I plead stepping back close to her.

Once I reach her I drop down into a squatting position and wrap my arms around her legs "Please.. What do you want from me? I'll do anything" I begged through my crying voice, laying my head across her thigh.

She placed her hand on my shoulder. The little contact gave me hope until she spoke "Lauren let me go" she said it as if she was just waiting on me to release her so she could do what she came here for.

It was so cold, so disconnected. She's hurting. She hurting from pain I caused.

She trusted me with her heart. Before we even started dating she told me that she wasn't ready for a relationship. That her last one was bad and she was afraid. But she gave me a chance. And I fucked up.