Thirty

Two days had passed of Normani dealing with the after affects of her and Laurens encounters. The media was eating it alive, buzzing about them being spotted at lunch that day, about snuck pictures of Lauren holding Normani before they climbed inside the car. She tried to explain to Zendaya but by Zendaya's face it was hard to know if she believed or not.

It was now about 11pm, they had just got back from one of Zendaya's modeling gigs as Normani continued to be supportive for her as they smiled for the cameras and held hands.

"Do you want a bath?" The brown girl questioned as she saw Zendaya pointing and flexing her toes that were pained because of the thousand pairs of heels she had worn today.

"Please" Zendaya frowned looking to her.

Normani smiled and went into the bathroom. She turned the hot water on and grabbed the bubble bath pouring that in. She used the switch to dim the lights a little and grabbed a few candles and lit those as she waited for the tub to feel.

She felt like she owed Zendaya some sweet gestures, instead of the dryness she had been giving her for forever. Zendaya was such a good woman and quite frankly Normani believed that the mixed girl deserved far better.

Normani felt like she had to prove to Zendaya that she loved her because after all of this Lauren stuff along with Normani doubting that, it seemed like Zendaya was doubting it now as well.

If she really loved Zendaya like she said she did, now was the time to start acting like it even though it was long past due.

"Your water's done babe" she yelled as she exited the bathroom.

She walked downstairs and into the kitchen to grab some wine and poured it in a glass for her to drink. Wine was her bestfriend more recently. Sometimes the small sips of alcohol would ease her mind and seemingly calm her thoughts that were always racing.

She stood with her elbows leaning on the counter and the glass in her hands.

"Thank you mani!" She heard her girlfriend tell from upstairs.

"You're welcome Z.." She murmured back dryly after taking a gulp, even though she knew she couldn't hear her.

She sat the glass down and went to check the mail remembering that she hadn't gotten it yet because they were out since the morning. She opened the mail box and there was a single envelope inside that had her name hand written on the front of it. It had no mailing address so most likely it was just placed in there by hand.

She went back inside and back into the kitchen. She had no idea what it was but she didn't think too much of it. She stood at the counter and opened it up.

After unfolding it she brought a hand to her mouth seeing that it was a hand written letter from Lauren. Jesus even her hand writing was perfect. Her heart was pounding rapidly.

She took a deep breath to compose herself. She had no idea the kind of emotions that this letter would bring. She had no idea what Lauren would say in it or her reason for sending it in the first place.

When they were in the car and Normani was hating Lauren for making her fall in love over again, Lauren told her that all she had to do was tell her to leave her alone. That those simple words would give the Latina a reason to stop chasing, no matter how hard it would be. Normani couldn't say no, she couldn't let Lauren leave.

She grabbed her glass taking a sip and started reading.

Thoughts