Seventeen

Lauren groaned and stretched, finally fluttering her eyes open. The first thing she saw was Normani sitting beside her with her back up against the head board reading. It was a sight that she felt absolutely blessed to be able to witness and wake up to.

"Goodmorning baby" Normani said putting the book down on the nightstand by her.

Another groan and grunt escaped from the Latina, stretching last nights sleep out of her body. Normani chuckled at the adorableness "You're so cute"

"Goodmorning Mani" she responded with a squinted eyed smile. The morning sun was always hard on her green eyes."Why didn't you wake me?"

Normani shrugged "No need. This is our last free day before rehearsals. You need your rest"

"True" she said stretching once more and rolling over.

Normani grabbed her shoulder "No you're up now, give me my kisses"

"I didn't even brush my teeth, you're gross" she teased.

"I don't care" the brown girl responded and pressed up against her lips. Their lips moved with eachothers at a steady pace for a while and Lauren tasted the cool mint from Normani's mouth.

"Mmm.. you obviously brushed yours. You taste so good" she moaned into her mouth.

Normani's tongue slid into the Latinas mouth causing another moan escape her lips. She pulled out for a breath "Tongue before 9 am?" She bit her lip with a smirk.

Normani chuckled and mushed her face "Its 12:45 fool. You want me to make us some breakfast? Well brunch" she questioned with a smile.

Lauren hopped up and made her way towards the bathroom "Yeah, don't burn my kitchen down though. Cause last time.."

The brown girl rolled her eyes and made her way out of the room towards the kitchen.

As she started to crack the eggs her phone rang.

"Yeah what's up Jilly?"

"You have something you want to tell me Normani?"

"Abouuuut?" the brown girl questioned putting the egg down. She had no idea what her bestfriend was talking about.

"Zendaya"

"Wha-what about her?" She questioned and her heart dropped at the name. They haven't spoken since that night she dropped her off at Laurens which was four days ago. But she indeed had been on her mind.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe that you're even talking to her again. That's a big deal Normani, not some little thing and I think your bestfriend deserved to know. I mean I was the one that was there for all the teary nights and shit when you couldn't get in contact with her"

Normani sighed "You're right I should have told you. I'm just trying my hardest not to make a big deal out of this."

"How do you feel about all of this?" Jilly questioned in a softer tone.

"Jilly I missed her so much, it was crazy just to see her again.. so close to me" she responded in a whiny voice, that was slightly lower in volume so that Lauren couldn't possibly here.

On the other side of the phone a sigh was released "I know you did Mani, she seems to have really missed you too"

"What?!" Normani questioned in shock. She realized that she hadn't even asked Jilly how she found out about her and Zendaya & now on top of that how would she know that Zendaya missed her. "How do you know any of this?"