New Life

Trish-

I woke up the next morning, due to my father's screaming. What is it this time. Listening closely, I could hear Christie sobbing.

Damn it!

Quickly, I ran down the stairs to find my father raising a beer bottle above his head. "No!" I yelled and pushed Christie aside, letting to bottle hit my head.

"You damn brat!" my father yelled.

Something ran down the side of my face, and fell to the floor...blood. Blood trickled down my face from my wound that the shattered bottle made.

"I'm going out." our father muttered under his breath. Then walked out the drunk man as he grabbed his keys, and hustled to his car.

"Trish, are you okay!?" asked Christie.

"Yes, I'm fi-" I could finish my sentence until I dropped off into a heavy doze from blood loss.

*Hours Later*

"Don't we start school tomorrow, Christie?" I heard a small voice ask.

"Yeah, clearly Dad isn't taking us, so we have to take to bus." Christie's voice rang. I could feel my arm move a couple inches.

"She's awake!" Melissa said out loud.

Four arms helped me sit up, as I opened my eyes. Melissa and Christie had a look of complete worry.

"Do you feel better?" asked Melissa.

"Kind of. My head hurts though." I groaned as I held the left side of my head. "You didn't have to do that you know." Christie said in a small trembling voice. Her hair covered her eyes, but I could see tears falling down her cheeks.

"I had to Christie. If I didn't do something, you could've been seriously hurt." I told her.

"But you were the one who got hurt. That makes me feel guilty." her voice still trembling.

"I had to do the right thing."

A wave of silence washed over my sisters and I. "We start school tomorrow?" I asked them.

Melissa nodded, "We're taking the bus." I scoffed, "I'd rather walk."
"If we do, we'll be late." stated Christie.

"Yeah, but do you really want to ride the bus with bullies, whores, and jocks?" I asked sharply.

Seconds passed, and both my sisters sighed.

I continued, "And we are definitely NOT going to have Dad drive us. He can barely walk to the bathroom on his two feet without falling."

They giggled a little, "True."

"Then we're walking, but we're going to have to hurry. Okay?" I asked them. Nodding, we all went on with our day.

Soon we had to go to bed, and fall asleep. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. Probably more pain, scars, cuts, bruises, anything.

But I wonder if there will be a happy day for the three of us; Melissa, Christie and I. When that time comes, I hope it's soon.

*The Next Morning*
The three of us woke up early to get ready for school. Soon we were all done, and were now having breakfast.

"Where's Dad?" asked Melissa.

"Probably sleeping at some whore's house." I stated. My sisters gave me a look before nodding in agreement.
When we finished, the three of us walked to school.

School buses passed, as did cars, dogs, joggers and mothers with their child. Melissa went to her middle school. And Christie and I walked to the high school together. "I hope she'll be alright." Christie worried. I nodded in agreement. "I'm sure she will."

In 10 minutes, we both entered the school doors, and walked around until we found the front office.

"Hello girls. Are you Christie and Trish Stratus?" asked the lady at the desk.

"Yes ma'am." answered my sister.

"Okay, here are you're schedules. If you have problems finding your class, you can ask a teacher or a student." the women told us.

We nodded and walked to our class.

Christie found hers pretty easily, but I had trouble finding mine. I looked down at my schedule, and read the classroom number.

But I bumped into somebody and fell back. Opening my eyes, there was a hand in front of me. Looking up, my eyes met a pair of green ones.

"Sorry about that." the boy told me.

I grabbed his hand, and he pulled me up to my feet. "You new here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm Trish Stratus." I answered.

"I'm Jeff. Jeff Hardy." His southern accent slipped out.

Silence came between us until Jeff cleared his throat. "Um. So you need help or anything. Cuz I can escort you to your class if you want." Jeff offered.

"That would be nice." I smiled up at him.