Crossed Lines

Trish-

Days of school have gone by and Melissa and Christie were chilling in my room. I walked in and raised an eyebrow, crossing my arms. "What are you doing here?" I glared at them. They jumped and looked at me with similar faces of fear. They relaxed just a little seeing it was just me.

"What happened?" My voice more quiet as I closed the door and looked at them with nothing but concern. "D-Dad almost raped me." Christie said tears welded up in her eyes. I gritted my teeth.
"What stopped him?" Melissa made a sound through tears and sobs remembering the events that took place. "You can tell me.." There's no way he was gonna get away with this. I can't believe him. Christie took a breath before telling me what happened.

[Flashback: Christie's point of view]
After I finished taking a shower, I jumped in bed. That's when my door opened. It turned out to be Melissa. She wanted to sleep with me. So I let her. We started up a conversation. "How's your school?" She asked.

"Well there's this one chick that is really a popular snob. I swear she is the worst. Though I heard that she has a really nice boyfriend." I stated looking at the window.

"What about you-" The sound of the door cut her off. We noticed Dad standing in the doorway. "Hi D-Dad." I stuttered out. "Hi girls. I know I haven't been at my best towards you, but I want to change that." He walked close to us. Mel climbed onto my bed. By the look on his face, I knew he wasn't in the right state of mind.

Just him here, gave us both a bad feeling. I was about to scream until he covered my mouth. "Don't make a sound." Dad hissed. He then pushed me against a wall and placed his hand on the hem of my top. I whimpered at his touch, tears building up.

He threw me on the floor. At that moment, all I had on was my sports bra and shorts. "Dad no....Please." I whispered while fighting back tears. Melissa stood there in fear. She was frozen and wasn't sure what to do at the moment She collected herself and then pushed Dad with her might. "Get off of her!" I stayed in a corner as He left. When Mel fell asleep, I stayed awake with fear of him returning. I looked at the door that was now locked.

"Christie. I can't believe he almost did that to you. Melissa, I know that was a horrible sight for you and I'm proud of you for helping our sister." I hugged them so tight like how Mother use to. They cried into my shoulder. "Where was I when this happened?"
"You were already asleep. I think." Mel sniffed. I felt so guilty not being there with them. I closed my eyes holding them in my arms and singing a song Mom would sing to calm us down if we were upset. I let out a sigh as they calmed down and drifted to sleep. Looking at the two, I kissed both of their heads and laid them down, putting the blanket over them. I smiled at the two younger ones. I love you two.