Cause and Effect

Trish-

Dad has been trying too hard to get me out of the image to get to my sisters. I was out on a walk and unfortunately, I didn't see Dad come by and attack me. "What the hell, Dad?"
He looked at me straight in the eyes. Anger, hated, and revenge was all there. What's wrong with him? I've never seen him like this before. For once in a long time a scream was heard. But it was not from Christie or Melissa. This time it was me.

 Dad stabbed me in the arm. Blood poured down on my arm. Dad then pushed me on the ground and kicked me to go further back. I held my arm watching him come closer.
"D-Dad. What's going on?"

"Do you know what today is?" Confusion hit me first but then I thought about it.

"Mom." Was all I could say.

"You are the reason why she died! This is all your fault." He pulled my hair and punched me in the face. I had a feeling he was drunk. Dad walked closer and stepped on my now wounded arm. I cried out in agony trying to get him off with no avail. "You brought this on yourself, Trish. You hear me?"

Dad brung the knife above his head. I closed my eyes holding onto my arm.

The sound of the knife hitting the floor made me open my eyes. Dad just left the knife there and walked off.

The next day I went to school. I wore sunglasses to block off the black eye I was given. Before school started, Jeff found me and had a smile on his face. "Hi Trish."

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing but what's up with the sunglasses. It's cold." He was right. It was not hot at all. The sun wasn't even out.

"N-Nothing."

"C'mon Trish take em off. Show me what's wrong."

 I did what I was told. I looked at him with anger. Not towards him but it was towards the one who did this.

"That is bad. He did this, didn't he?" I didn't answer. Jeff had his hands on my cheeks examining my swollen eye.

 Jeff then made eye contact with  my shoulder that was wrapped with bandages. He rose an eyebrow. "Stabbed." I said quietly.

"Trish, you got to do something about it."

"You think I don't know that Jeff? I got to make sure what I do, doesn't put my sisters in jeopardy. I can't slip up on my decisions.  That's why I don't let my emotions get the best of me. You don't understand."

"Yeah I do understand. You just want to protect them. Making you get hurt. Now I'm not saying what you are doing is wrong, I'm saying it's risky. I don't want to see you like this. I don't want you hurt." Jeff put his hands in his pockets and looked away from me. I blushed a little hearing that from him.

"Ever since that day. That day is because of this." I muttered.

"What day? What happened?"

"Years ago when I was younger, I was with my family before my dad was different. A knock was heard as my mother told us to go upstairs. We did but all we heard were screams from our parents. We were all in a closet as we heard a death cry. The door was yanked opened as a man we never seen before stood in front of us. He grabbed onto Melissa and that's when I killed him. I was only 12, Jeff. But it didn't matter. My mother was already killed and everything. Ever since then my dad started to beat us. He blamed us for what happened, especially me." Tears slid down my face.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry. Everything will get better for you and your sisters. Just wait." Jeff wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace.

Before I went to class, Ashley put natural make up on my face to keep questions away about my eye. My sunglasses were now in my locker.

School went off good, until Maryse showed up. She held a grip on my shirt as she pushed me against the lockers. "What's wrong?"

"Stay away from Jeff."

"Excuse me?"

"I said stay away from Jeff if you know what's good for you."

"1. You are not the boss of me. 2. I'm not scared of you Maryse. And 3. I can be with who ever I want."

"What's going on here?" A voice split us up.

Lita, Matt, and Jeff were standing there, arms folded. I looked at Maryse who glared at me and walked away without saying a word. "You okay?" Matt asked. I nodded. Lita didn't look happy. I glanced at her but she quickly put on a false smile. What's up with her?