Please be Okay

Trish-

"Amy, I'll see you later. I gotta go." I said and left. I quickly ran home but when I got there, I saw the police and an ambulance. 'No' was all I could say to myself. I walked over to my house but an officer stopped me.

"You have to let me go in there. This is my house!"

The officer didn't move. "Ma'am, I can't let you go in."

"Please my sister is in there! I need to see her!" The officer sighed and let me through. I went in the house to see Melissa on a stretcher. "Melissa!"

"Trish. I'm so sorry."

"No. You're going to be okay." I followed them into the truck. Christie than ran to us. "Melissa!?" Shock was written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry that you are in this mess. This is all my fault. I've should of came home instead of being with friends. I'm so sorry!" Christie was now in tears. She was now in the ambulance truck with us.

I held onto Melissa's hand on the way to the hospital. "What exactly happened?"

"Two guys broke in and she dialed 911. But there was a scream and gunshots heard. The people who broke in and shot her are on they're way to jail." The driver informed. "She's hardly breathing!" Christie called out.

One of the doctors checked on Melissa. I held onto Christie as she was shouting Melissa's name out and crying harder.

The truck made it to hospital. Christie and were instructed to stay in the waiting room. We waited for them to let us know how she was doing. Christie was pacing back and forth before sitting down next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"This is all my fault."

"Chris"

"I let this happen."

"Christie."

"If I wasn't so stupid enough to leave her."

"Christie, listen to me."

"I've should of gone home. I made this happen. Melissa is now on the verge of dying and I-"

"Christie!"

"Yeah?" She flinched when I raised my voice.

"It's not your fault. It could of happened with you there. There's no one to blame."

"But I can't stand seeing her here with 3 bullets in her body. It's just like-" She didn't continue.

"I know what you're going to say."

"Yeah. I can't lose her too." She let out a sigh.

The doctor came in and quickly got our attention. "Ladies, I must inform you that your sister"