Tough Luck

Trish-

I strolled in the hallways to find my 5th period class. Instead I found
"Christie, hey."

"Trish! How are you? High School is awesome. I am loving the classes and everyone, but there is this one chick who thinks she's better than everyone. She has.," Christie went on about her day, but I really had to get to class. This girl can talk when she's ready, yet at home she is so quiet.

"Christie. Hey tell me later. Ok? I gotta get going now." I replied waving. After like 2 minutes, I found my fifth class and sat down.

I glanced around, hoping someone I've seen before is in here. There was Jeff who seemed to be joking with a girl with red hair and, what to seem like her boyfriend. As Jeff stopped for a moment, he noticed me and grinned. I smiled back and waved a little.

"Hi there."

I turned around to be face to face with a blonde girl. "Um. Hi." I said.

"You must be new. So I am just going to let you know that this is my seat." The blonde replied with an attitude. "Oh. I'm sorry, but I don't see your name anywhere. So you must not own it. Why don't you go sit somewhere else." I smirked in return. There was no way I was going to let her walk over me.

A girl with auburn hair from behind giggled. "What's so funny, Kanellis?" The girl asked.
"N-nothing!"
"Thought so." With that she rolled her eyes and walked to find an open seat.

"Hey, that was nice." The same red hair girl who was with Jeff stated. How long was she standing there? "Oh. Um thanks. But why are people scared of her?" I asked, curiosity written all over my face. 

"I don't really know, but rumor has it that her father owns the school. And she is one of the 'popular' girls." By the look on her face, it seemed like she really hated her and couldn't stand her.

Classes went by better, until someone grabbed a hold of me. I faced the person to see that it was Jeff. "Oh. Hi."

"Trish right?"

I nodded with a small smile. "So how do you like the school so far?" Jeff asked as he started walking with me. "Pretty good actually. Oh and thanks again for helping me earlier."
He smiled down at me. "No problem. Anything to help."

That's when the same blonde girl came up from behind Jeff and covered his eyes.
"Guess who?" The girl asked. "Oh. Hey Maryse." Jeff said and kissed her. I felt my stomach tightened. "Hey babe. So I see you are with the new girl." Maryse stated blankly.
"Yeah. Hey just hold on for a second." Jeff said and made his way over to his other friends across the hall.

"Hey new girl. Look I know we got on the wrong end. So let's start over. As you know, I'm Maryse."

"Trish Stratus"

"So, Trish would you like to go to the mall with me and a couple of friends?" Maryse offered. I thought about it and shook my head. "Thanks, but no thanks. Sorry maybe another time." I declined. My priorities were my sisters and my schoolwork. I can't focus on anything else right now.