Promises

-Jeff-
Before making my way downstairs, I heard somebody sobbing. The more and more I was getting closer, the more clearer the sobs became.

It turned out it was coming from the guest room. Wait isn't that the room that Trish is in? I wonder what's wrong. I knocked on the door.

Nothing.

I tried again. This time the door was cracked open. "J-Jeff? What do you need?" Her eyes were red and puffy. "Trish, what's wrong?" She looked away and let me in her room. "Trish. Seriously, what's wrong?" Trish sighed and looked away from my direction. "Jeff, I'm sorry. But I just...I don't want to talk about it."

"Trish. I want you to know that you can tell me anything. And I'm not going to force you to..." I was cut off by Trish hugging me and softly crying. "J-Jeff. I don't know what to do." She said while crying. At that moment, I hugged her and rubbed her back for comfort. I was not only concerned, but was also confused. "What do you mean?" I asked her while tilting my head to the side.

"Okay, what I'm about to tell needs to be between us. I already told Amy. But you gotta promise me that you wouldn't let this go to anyone else." I only nodded in response.

Trish then told me everything from her mom's death, to now. I had a sympathetic look on my face as I held her closer.
I can't believe her father puts her and her sisters through that. That's just wrong.

-Trish-
After telling Jeff, I kinda felt a  weight come off my chest. After awhile, Jeff kissed me on the cheek before realizing what he did, and excused hiself out. I sat there in confusion and shock. Did he just do what I thought he did?

-Jeff-
After what I did, I went to the living room seeing Amy and Matt making out. "Hey. Get a room!" I laughed while they broke away embarrassed from my statement. "Jeff. Really?" Matt asked. I jumped on the couch and landed on my stomach. "Yeah. I'm ready to sleep." Amy looked at me. "Is something wrong, Jeff?" I didn't answer, but only turned my position.

"Jeff?" Now Matt tried.

I know if I don't say anything, they're just gonna keep bothering me. "I can't exactly say the whole thing. It's not my place..but is it a bad thing that I kissed Trish? Like on the cheeek?" I didn't face them. But I can tell that they were confused, but Amy probably knew what I meant with the first part. Amy mouthed, "Are you talking about Trish?" I nodded slowly.

The next morning, I woke up on the floor. I groaned as Matt opened the blinds. "Damn you." I muttered out. All he did was laugh and smile at me. I put the pillow over my head to block the sunlight. "Morning guys." Amy and Trish said in unison.

"Morning. But we gotta be quiet. Jeffro, over here doesn't want to wake up right now." Matt referred looking at me every so often.

"Jeff wake up or else." Amy said.

"Or else what?" I mumbled in the pillow.

"I'll ruin all of your pictures, poems. Everything."

No not my pictures. No way. That got my full attention. I swear, Amy can bug me.  "Alright, alright. I'm up. Just don't mess with them."

Little after breakfast, Trish said goodbye and left to pick up her sisters. I hope they are okay once they get home. Some day I'll help her with her pain. I let out a sigh as I walked outside. Thoughts of what happened last night flooded my head. I couldn't tell if that was me getting caught in the moment or not. However I decided not to think about it so much.