Trust

-Trish-

Saturday morning, downstairs, I was face to face with the monster we have to live with. "Morning Trish." Dad tried to grasp me into a hug. I stepped back and gave him a death glare. "Who do you think you are!? You almost raped you-my sister, and now you want to act as if you love me? No. I don't think so. Why don't you leave and enjoy your time with with some one night stand or something." I paused and took a breath before continuing. "Ever since Mom's death, you just haven't been the same. If you dare put a finger on any of them again, I will do everything in my power to make sure it is the last thing you do." I scolded before leaving out of the house. "Christie, Melissa. Come with me." I shouted.

Moments later they were on my tail. "What was that all about, Trish? Where are we going?" Melissa and Christie took turns asking questions. I explained to them what and why I did what I did. The amount of stress and anger that was building up from inside was getting a bit overwhelming.

"Which friend's house do you want to go to?"
"Ashley!" They cheered in unison. I laughed at how loud and excited they were to see Ashley. She was quick to get attached to them and I couldn't be more grateful.

When I dropped my sisters off at Ashley's, I decided to go see a friend myself. So I went to Amy. Pretty much Amy is my closest friend since transferring to this school.
I ran the doorbell and heard three voices. "Let me go!" was the first thing I heard. Couldn't tell if I should be concerned or brush it off, but it did startle me. The former won as the person who opened the door was kicked in the head by yours truly.

As soon as the person made contact on the floor, I realized that the person wasn't an enemy, but a friend.

"Oh my gosh, Jeff! I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you and I heard voices so I quickly assumed something was up. And you startled me and everything. And I'm so sorry!" I knelt down to his level, making sure he was okay.

"Nah. It's okay. It was an accident. I had worse, I think. But remind me to not get on your bad side with a kick like that." He turned his attention to me with a smile. Our faces were only inches apart. Heat aroused to my cheeks from being this close to him. I was pulled from my thoughts and shot up as I heard Amy's voice.

"Trish. Hey what's up?" I followed her inside as Jeff came in behind. Matt was on the couch watching tv.

"Hi Matt."

"Hey Trish. How are ya?"

I moved my hand sideways in a 'kinda' answer. "Amy can I talk to you? Alone?" I asked. Amy motioned me upstairs to her room. Looking back, I noticed Jeff staring at me at the same time looking at the ground.

Amy closed her door as I sat on her bed. "What's up?" She walked over to me and took the spot next to me.

I took a deep breath too get the right words out

I took a deep breath too get the right words out. "I can't stay at my house. My dad is so abusive. Everytime he's drunk or something, he blames me and my sisters. Just recently, he decided to go and almost rape my sister. I have all these scars from him whether it is towards me or one of them." I explained everything to her. From the beginning to where we are now. If there is someone that I can tell anything to, it's Amy.

"Trish. I'm sorry that you and your sisters have to go through that but, you guys NEED to get out of that place. It's not safe or healthy for the 3 of you. If it helps you can stay the night while the brothers are here. Just to be away from that man."

"Amy, I don't want to be a bother and where would I sleep?" Amy knew I was nervous but what for? "Trish, the spare room is open and the other guys would be in the living room." Amy answered my next question. I went to the room and told Ashley that my sisters can spend the night and I would be there tomorrow to get them.

The thought of my father raping my sister haunted my mind. I cried to myself of what could happen if Melissa wasn't there to stop him or me not being there for them anytime.
"Mom. Why did you have to leave? Why did he kill you?" was the last thing I muttered before falling asleep. Amy is right though. This needs to stop. We have to get out of that house. I just wish it didn't have to come this.