Friendly Concerns

Trish-

The next morning, I woke up due to Melissa's shoving. A groan slipped out as I turned the other way and pulled my blanket up and over my head.

"TRISH! DAD IS HURTING CHRISTIE!!!" I heard Melissa call out. I jolted up and tried to get out of the bed as quickly as possible, but I was tangled up with it. "Where is she? What did he do to her?!" I called about to go to Dad.

"Trish, chill. He's not hurting her. I only said it to wake you up." Melissa laughed seeing how I was on the floor crawling and struggling to get to my feet. I sent a death glare in her direction. "Don't ever, EVER joke about any of you getting hurt by that monster. Got it?" I rubbed my temple and let out a sigh.

I sent the two of them to get dressed. When I met them downstairs, Christie and Melissa were sitting there with a surprise look on their face. My attention went to what they were glaring at. A knife,a bottle of beer, and our dad on the floor. "Is he unconscious?"

"What do you think happened?"

They kept asking questions until I snapped. "Hey. Look, I don't know what happened. But he probably got wasted. As for the knife, I am just as confused. Let's go before he wakes up and starts to yell at us." My sisters followed behind me out the door, but Dad grabbed my arm. Fear was written all over my face.

"Where are you going?" He still reeked of the many drinks of beer. At this moment my arm was now twisted and behind my back. "To school. Let go of me. You're hurting me." I whispered in a fierce tone. Melissa and Christie stood there in horror.

"Heh. Trish you're not off the hook from yesterday. Do you really think you were gonna get away with that?" Dad smirked at me as he faced the other two. At that moment, he punched me across the face. I fell to the floor rubbing my cheek. You could feel the heat and sting from the mark. My hands grasped on a nearby table, which gave me a boost to be in my feet again. "I hate you." I mumbled under my breath that only I could hear.

When I finally got to school after seeing my sistersleave alright, I felt a little more safer than at home. In the first hour, the teacher assigned everyone a three-man group. I ended up with Matt and a brown hair boy with crystal blue eyes. By the way Matt glared at him, there was gonna be a lot of tension between the two. A smile came upon my face as Matt walked over to me. But our other partner was already behind me. "Hey I'm Randy. Now I know we don't know each other, but how about we have lunch together to get to know each other more?" He had his hand around my shoulders. "Trish. But I don't think so. I love to, but I'm going to be with Matt and his friends." I moved away from his arm and smiled as Matt showed up.

-Later on-
At lunch, I followed Amy to her to where she usually sits. She sat across from me as she was sitting next to Matt. Jeff placed himself between me and a blonde boy with brown eyes. I've only seen him in one of my classes, but I still didn't know him. "So Trish, this is our friend Adam. Adam this is our newest friend Trish." Amy said breaking the silence.

After a while, Jeff leaned over to my ear and asked if he could talk to me. I followed him into a corner. "So what's up?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to know what happened to your cheek. There's a mark." Jeff wondered. I placed my hand on the same place where he punched me. There was a small cut on it. Guessing it was from the ring he still has on. I had to act quick and think of something that would make sense.

"I scrapped it while I was messing with my sisters. It's no big deal." I didn't want to lie to him or any one, but at the same time, well I don't want my sisters to be at risk.