Closer

Trish-                                                                            
I walked downstairs. No screaming, nothing broken, no crying. Then again, Dad hasn't been here since the day of Melissa's death which was 2 weeks ago. I became a little suspicious though. Christie then walked down with sleep still in her eyes.

"Morning Christie."

"Huh? Oh morning. So what's new?"

"Nothing really."

"Can I go to Amy's?"

I rose an eyebrow. I'm surprised. Usually she wants me to take her to Ash's place. "Sure, I was heading there in a few."

Christie then froze and stared at me while I was drinking a smoothie.

"What?" I asked as I looked at the younger one suspiciously.

"Do you love Jeff?"

I spat it out getting some on Christie's shirt. I had a clumsy smile on my face. "Sorry about that. But, why would you think that?"

"Trish don't act like a stupid blonde. I see the way you look at him. The blushing. Don't deny it."

My eyes widened. This one knows too much. What is she up to?

"So do you?"

I blushed hard at her questions. She, on the other hand, was laughing her butt off. "You do! I knew it! That would be a cute couple, you and Jeff!" I let out a sigh and shook my head. I'm not going to live this one down. My crazy little sister in her love doctor mood.

​-With Amy-

At the mall, Christie was whispering something to Amy as they both smiled and looked at me. "Looks like you have a little trouble Trish." Amy said as they both laughed. "Jeff at 3 o'clock, Trish." My head jolted to the side and saw Jeff with Ashley who spotted me. They both walked up. "Hey guys!" Ashley called out.

"Hey."

Every so often, I would steal glances at Jeff and without me knowing, he would to. Christie and Amy were laughing as Ash was confused. Amy pushed me to the side as I fell towards Jeff. This time Christie was laughing harder.

Jeff helped me stand straight with his arm around me. We noticed this and he released his hand off. I turned around feeling heat from my cheeks partially smiling. What am I thinking?

"Trish, you're such a cluts!" Ash laughed. Jeff hid his face from us. I smiled at him as he looked around.

"Ashley, come over here. You too, Christie!" The two followed Amy somewhere. "What, where-" I stopped and shook my head. What are they up to?

"So..."

"Um. What's been happening lately?"

"Nothing. How are you and your sister with your um dad?" I could tell he was shy right now. I find it cute. I didn't know what to say like 'Hey about that well I haven't seen him in about a week or two.' I don't think so.

"Trish?"

"Oh, well nothing's been done. He hasn't hit us or anything. I mean he has. Wait I mean. Ugh!" I covered my face in embarrassment. Jeff started laughing. I shook my head and smiled. I loved his laugh. "Stop laughing."

"Sorry, I'm so sorry." Jeff said giving me a hug. I playfully pushed him away.  "I said I was sorry." I smiled and giggled at him. "C'mon. Let's go find the others." I grabbed his arm and led him to follow me, but soon let go of him holding my arm looking away. Jeff tilted his head to the side trying to see my face.

"Why did they leave in the first place?"

Jeff tried to stop the silence. I guess I would tag along. It was starting to get awkward.

"You know what, I wonder the same thing."

I thought about where I would find Ashley. "Let's head over to Game Stop." Jeff was confused. "Why?"

"Because Ashley would more likely be there. So it would lead us to them. And I'm pretty sure my little sister is looking for a new game." I said using hand gestures. As we made our way to the area, Jeff's and my fingers would touch every so often. I sped up and finally got there. Ashley, Amy, and Christie were all there.

"Aww man they found us, heh."

"Why did you guys ditch us?"

"For fun."

I squinted my eyes and tilted my head. Amusement? Wow just wow. "Hey Trish can I talk to you?" I turned to look at Jeff. I paste a smile on my face. "Sure, what's up?" Amy smirked a little as she motioned for the others to stay back.

"Trish, I wanted to tell you something that's been bothering me for a while now." I wasn't sure about this. What's wrong? We were once again alone. "What is it?" Jeff grabbed hold of my hands. I giggled at his actions. What's going on? "Jeff?"

"Trish, would you go out with me?"

I stood there in shock. Did he just ask me to be his girlfriend?