Get Away

When I regained consciousness, Christie was the first person I saw. "Trish!" She called out. I looked at her as my head pounded. The events that happened came and hit me. "Where is he?"

"Upstairs last time I checked."

I took in my surroundings. I was on the kitchen floor while she was in front of me. "Trish, this is the last time. Stop taking hits for me and stop saving me. I'm grateful for that but I can't see you getting hurt because of me anymore. You're the only sister I have left. I don't want you to get hurt because of me." She looked at a family picture. I knew that she was hinting about Melissa.

I let out a sigh. We need to get out of here. I can't have Christie worrying about me and I don't want her to get hurt either. "Christie, you know we have to leave this place. It's not healthy for you or me."

"Where could we go?"

"Amy."

"Oh. For a second I thought you were going to say your boyfriend's house." She shrugged swaying side to side, a smirk tugging at her lips. "We could but I thought you would like to go to Amy's." The younger one nodded. "I would." I nodded. "We have to go soo-"

I stopped talking when we heard footsteps. Dad. He walked down the stairs, but didn't say anything or look at us. All he did was walk outside and got inside his truck. At that moment, Christie and I looked at each other. "Let's go now before he comes back." She decided. I nodded. "Go pack. I'm gonna go call Amy and keep a look out for him." She nodded and ran upstairs quickly. When I saw her leave, I dialed in Amy's number and looked out the window.

"Hello?''

"Hey. Amy it's Trish."

"Hey T. What's up?"

"Christie and I are getting out and we need a place to stay. So can we stay with you?"

"Trish. I'll let you in any day to be away from that man and that house. I'll pick you guys up."

"Cool. Thanks Amy." I smiled into the phone.

"No problem. Now go get ready and I'll be there in a few." She stated before hanging up.
As soon as I put my phone in my pocket, I headed upstairs while Christie walked down and to the window to keep watch.

I packed up a few clothes and everything I think I would need. While looking around my room, I noticed a picture of Mom, Melissa, Christie, and I. I touched it and closed my eyes. Mom. Please take care of our sister and watch over us. We love you and miss you so much. Melissa, we miss you and we're getting out. This is for you and we know you're in a better place.

I rushed downstairs as a car horn was heard after grabbing the picture. Right on time. Christie let out a sigh of relief and opened the door for Amy. "You guys ready?''
The two of us nodded. "Yeah we are."

We followed Amy out of the house. I took one more look at it before we got in the car.
Finally. We got out.