Home Alone

Melissa-

I've been having a weird feeling lately. I mean I feel like something is going to happen. And it's not good. Dad has been in and out of the house for days. I was just sitting on the couch listening to music when I heard something.

A knock is heard from the front door. I'm kinda home alone at the moment. Christie is at the mall and Trish is um I don't really know where she is. She didn't really tell me and that isn't good. We usually tell each other where we're heading off to. I looked through the peekhole to see him. I opened the door and let him in.

"H-Hi Dad."

"Hello Melissa. Where's Trish?"

I had to say something. I couldn't say 'Oh. I don't really know'. That would get her in trouble and cause some pain. And just by the look in his eyes, maybe even more than what he might do to her soon.

"She's at a friend's house." I answered while stuttering. You better not touch her, you monster.

Dad then left the house after getting whatever he may needed. I let out a sigh as I quickly dialed Trish's number.

T- Hello?
M- Hi Trish...
T- Melissa, what's wrong? Did he hurt you?
M- What? No but um he asked me where you were so I said you were at a friend's house and he sorta left the house.
T- Ok. Please don't leave the house. You hear me? I'm on my way.
M- Yeah. I hear you. Just be careful. I don't want to see you hurt! Please Trish!
T- O.k. bye

After we hung up, I fell on the couch looking at the ceiling. I miss you so much. Please help us. I need you, Mom.

I heard someone banging on the door. I ran upstairs as I heard someone break in. Damnit. But who could that be?

Luckily, they didn't see me. I heard some glass break.

"Are you sure no one's home?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

I checked for my cell phone. No where. Oh crap! It's on the couch. There is no house phone? Dad really?! I quietly and quickly went downstairs. I check to see if I could see anyone. Nothing. I went to the couch and grabbed my phone. I let out a sigh of relief.
After getting what I wanted, I walked quietly and dialed 911. It's the first thing that came to me.

"Hello can I get to the police?" I said in a whisper. Thank God they heard me. As I was on my way upstairs, I bumped into someone. One of the people who broke in. Oh no.
"This is the police department."

I screamed as the man took out a gun. I closed my eyes tightly not wanting to know what happens next.