Results

Christie-

My body got all tensed as the doctor came in. I shook as thoughts of losing Melissa filled my head. "Ladies, Melissa. Melissa died. The bullets hit her in between the lungs, arm and stomach. We tried all we could. I'm so sorry."

At that moment, everything around me was gone. Trish had her hand covering her mouth. She shook her head in disbelief. I fell to my knees and screamed Melissa's name. Tears falling down my cheeks. This is all my fault! I caused this. I let my own sister be alone and die.

Trish-

I didn't want to believe it. Melissa, gone? No this can't be happening! I turned my attention to Christie knowing what she  was feeling.

Later we went home and didn't see Dad anywhere. "He's probably upstairs asleep." I mentioned.

Christie didn't care. She just walked up the steps without a word. I looked at the ground letting my bangs fall, covering my face. I walked up there myself to hear something from Christie. 

She was in her room laying on her bed. "What's the point of when you caused your own sister's, own blood, death." She whispered to herself. Dried tears on her cheeks. I stepped in without her knowing. She closed her eyes.

"Christie?"

"What?" She didn't budge. Just laid there with no  emotion. She looked numb.

"Please don't do anything that you'll regret. Don't blame yourself for what happened to Melissa. It's not your fault. And please don't harm yourself. I can't lose you too. Mom and Melissa wouldn't want you to take your own life." I sat next to her on her bed. She sat up and hugged me, resting her head on the crook of my neck.

"Why did this have to happen? First Mom, now Mel. This isn't fair Trish. This route isn't fair." She closed her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder. I nodded and wrapped my arm around her and rubbed her back.

"It's ok. We'll get through this together. One thing we can do for Melissa, is find a way to overcome this."

"How can we leave? He sees us all the time... Well most of the time." Christie sighed. I shook my head. "When there's a will, there's a way. We're going to get out of here one day."

Christie nodded. "We'll do it for ourselves and for Melissa." She put her hand out.
"For Melissa." I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug which she returned. I notice her smile and that's what I wanted.