CHAPTER 5

I woke up in my bed. This was probably the best I had slept for ages. My head snuggled into the warm pillow, the sheets drawn all the way up, I finally opened my eyes, adjusting to the light pouring out from the half open windows, I stretched out and remembered my awful nightmare. I felt the sheets that covered me. Once I took a look at them, I noticed, I've never seen them before and then I realized, everything seemed unfamiliar . I got up quickly and immediately fell to the floor, which greatly affected something on my side. I lifted my shirt to see what was causing the stabbing pain. There was a bandage wrapped around my middle and blood seeping through suddenly, I cried out in agony, not considering the fact that some psycho could be in here waiting for me to wake up so he can see my face when I get stabbed to death with a knife. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and immediately searched frantically for my gun. My bag was on a table next to the door and trying to get up to get it, I fell onto the wooden floor boards loudly, as the blood spread through the gauze faster. I crawled towards the table in pain and grabbed my bag. My gun was at the top and I pulled it out and crawled back into bed quickly just as the doorknob turned slowly. I heard the footsteps come into the room. My face was pressed into the pillow like I was still sleeping, the gun under it. Whoever it was walked in and pulled the covers up, my hand was tightening the grip on the cold, metal weapon. He or she was fixing the sheets at the end of the bed, the perfect time for me to jump and attack. I pushed the covers away and pounced onto him with force, pushing him onto the bed with my forearm to his neck and my gun to the side of his head, "Who are you? And where am I?" I demanded as he calmly looked up at me, his eyes...human.

"I am Max Wilde and this is actually my house"

Another human. After all these years. Tears came to my eyes, but I pushed them back as I started interrogating him, "How did you get me here?"

"Well you were shot, bleeding out, and I debated if I should help you or not. Eventually ended up carrying you over here while you were knocked out. You're welcome by the way"

I was grateful, but he could've been a psychotic murderer especially being that he hadn't being in any human interaction for some time, like me.

The gun was still against his head but I loosened my grip, getting off him slowly. My side was hurting a lot more now and slowly the blood started to stain my shirt.

"Are you going to shoot me?" He asked sitting up as I backed up with it still at pointed at him, his hands in his lap, watching me intently as if it were a game,

Suddenly he pushed me down, surprising me, and I quickly pulled the trigger. Nothing. He had taken out the bullets. He snickered and sat back up, "You didn't actually think I'd leave you up here alone with a loaded gun, did you?"

"Why did you help me?"

"Because I felt sorry for you"

"Oh yeah? And why is that?"

"Because you got shot by one of Craig's mutants who was, if I remember correctly, half your size"

"How did you-" But before I could finish his eyes met my blood- soaked attire,

"What were you thinking?!"

He carried me to another room and laid me on the table, "lift up your shirt," he said as he turned to get a box in the cupboard,

 "Uh, I'm not going to just listen..." He cut me off,

 "Jesus Christ, Alex lift up your goddamn shirt, I'm trying to help you,"

"Wait! How do you know my name?"

"Because I... found your... residence permit, in your wallet" It sounded more like a question than a statement but I believed him anyway,

"You have no right to go through my stuff! I'm going to-"

"What? You're going to what? Huh? Shoot me? Yeah right," he said pushing my hands down and lifting my shirt quickly, "Crap. You've removed your stitches,"

"You say that like I've done it intentionally," I said lying down, giving up,

"What were you doing that involved so much movement?"

"Getting my gun... to kill you"

He looked at the wound, inspecting it careful, deciding on what to do, "If you don't go through with this there is little to no chance you'll survive" 

"What?" I say quickly sitting up, but then lying back down once I felt the stabbing pain,

I nodded nervously and pushed my hair behind my shoulders. He handed me three painkillers and a sleeping pill before starting the procedure.

Special Thanks to revenge- for doing an amazing cover for Defiance, which I hope to use soon!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!