CHAPTER 72

I woke up to the sound of a gunshot. I opened my eyes and I was in the white room. Eve was watching me from the side, but didn't say anything. I was strapped to the chair and I couldn't move or speak. Frustration took over as I struggled even more. The most horrible feeling took over me as my body shivered and I was set like stone. As Eve laughed lightly, with evil in her grin, I felt my eyes closing and opening again when the chills ran up my spine. 

I woke up with a jolt. 

I looked around the dimly lit room, where the moon peeked through my window and cozily spilled it's light onto the concrete floor. It was just a dream. I couldn't go back to sleep because now I was wide awake. I sat up and put my back against the wall and crossed my legs as I pulled the sheets over my shoulders. 

Suddenly I hear light a knock on my door.

Who could it be at this time of the night?

"Alex? Are you awake?" I hear Max's voice say,

"Come in," I call quietly,

The door opened slightly as the dimly- lit, green eyes entered the room. 

"What's up?" I ask confusedly,

"Just woke up, and I can't fall asleep again"

"Me too. I had a dream"

"So did I"

"About?"

"I was riding a bike and then suddenly out of nowhere I fell off a cliff... and then I woke up"

"Oh, I hate those kind of dreams," I laugh, as he comes over to sit next to me on the bed,

"What was yours about?" he asks,

"The usual"

"Oh"

"What?"

"I mean, don't you wonder why we don't share dreams anymore?"

"Maybe whatever you transferred to me has worn off?" I reply,

"I don't think it's that. I think it's because you and I don't have a connection anymore like before"

"Well, that's not my fault"

"Are you implying it's my fault then?" He questions, eyebrows furrowed,

"No, it's not that...it's just-"

"It's just what, Alex?"

"It's just that ever since Demi came along, you've forgotten about me"

"You're the one, fooling around with this 'Will' guy, so don't be hypocritical"

"I did it because you seemed to have no problem in moving on, so I did too," I pressed,

"I never moved on," he says quietly,

I thought for a second, I didn't want him to think I loved him, and needed him and was desperate like that. He needed to know that I could do things without him, "Well, I did"

"So you're saying you're don't have the slightest feeling for me"

"Oh please, it was just a end of the world hook up, not like it was anything ser-"

But I was cut off. His face close to mine he cautiously teased me as the thin space between our faces was filled in as he leaned closer and closed the gap with his lips. I welcomed it, but he pulled back. 

"Not like it was anything serious?"

"What was that?! You can't just kiss people out of the blue!"

"Well, you seemed to enjoy it," he says getting up and heading towards the door, "Good night, Alex. Sweet Dreams"