CHAPTER 14

Washington. July 23rd 2028. Two years before the war. Dad thought it would be a great idea to drive into Washington DC to visit my Uncle. He worked in the White House as a security guard and offered to show us around. That was when Craig wasn't in power. That was when the world was at peace. I actually met the president at the time, and I felt hopeful for our messed up society. Bur when he passed away the world went mental. Craig made it that way. I wanted him dead.

I woke up with a jolt, as if I was riding a bicycle that had just crashed into a lamppost or I just casually fell off a cliff. I scrambled up in shock and started looking around the room. This was my room. My apartment. I was still here. The window was closed and the room felt warm, the light flooding in, lighting up the living room. That's when I noticed all the blood. And the three bodies that lay dead on the floor. I tried to scream but no sound came out as I stared at the motionless bodies on the floor. 

"So much blood," I whispered to myself,

"At least it's not yours"

" Don't come near me," I say getting up off the couch as soon as I hear the familiar sound of his voice,

"Alex, you don't understand, I'm-"

"I don't want to talk to you"

"Okay don't talk. Just listen to what I have to say" 

I walked over to the door and tried to open it. It was locked, "What do you want from me?"

"I want you to listen. If you don't believe me, you can leave and you don't have to worry about seeing me ever again,"

The deal sounded promising. But just in case, I sat away from his with my baseball bat next to me.

"After I shot my parents, they took me. We drove for about an hour until we stopped. They dragged me into a military base and strapped me to an electric chair. They tortured me. They thought I knew about my biological father. They claimed he was a rebel that wanted to go against Craig. But I didn't tell them anything, because I didn't know anything. They didn't believe me and had the idea of killing me. Eve, one of the scientists that worked under that asshole thought of another method to squeeze the truth out me. Channeling me into one of them to retrieve the deepest darkest, long forgotten memories in my mind. They changed me into...this. But it's not what you think. I'm not like them. I have a mind of my own, emotions, control. They kept watching me for signs of the truth, but I still knew nothing. Even though they had the power to control me, I really didn't know much about my father, heck, I didn't know shit about him. He was completely forgotten.

 They were frustrated. They wanted to kill me. They locked me in a chamber of concrete, without food, water...but I didn't need it. I was completely numb. As a week finally passed, I felt myself feeling more, I was aching and I was finally dying. I figured that the only way the serum wasn't lasting with me was because it was still being tested. The mix was injected into me during the early stages of it's creation. There must have been something wrong with the content. It was time. They were ready to get rid of me. That's when I escaped. I played dead for hours. Impossible at first but with a couple of knocks on the head, I fell into a short coma. Two days later I woke up in the back of a truck full of dead bodies, opened the back doors and jumped out,"

"So they can't control you?"

"See, the last time they tried was when I was back at the base" he stepped forward, expecting me to jump into his arms, to forgive him for not telling me, but was surprised when I simply turned around and grabbed my stuff and headed towards the door. He was about to stop me before I cut him off, 

"If you follow me, I will shoot you," and with that, I grabbed Wilson and slammed the door behind me.