CHAPTER 21

He was kissing me. And I let him. I was sitting on my kitchen counter, he had his arms around my waist, my legs motionlessly dangled on both sides of his hips. I welcomed each kiss with another one. How could this feel so right, but yet, so wrong. He looked up at me with his green eyes, and I didn't scream, I just smiled and went in again. He looked up at me, hoisting me up so I was straddling his waist. He carried me to the living room and dropped me softly onto the couch. He stood above me, his perfectly chiseled body, god-like. I had a hot mutant boyfriend. He smiled down at me, and I looked up at him, waiting for him to make a move. But he just stood there. motionless. "Max?" I said sitting up,

"Sorry, Alex," He said as I watched him pull out his gun. Suddenly I felt myself move in slowmotion. I watched his finger slowly pull the trigger, and then watched the bullet jolt out of it, coming straight towards my chest. I moved as if I was stuck in a bubble full of setting Jello, slowly, the feeling of watching the slow bullet travel towards my heart made me uncomfortable.

'WAKE UP, ALEX!' I told myself.

I woke up from the dream. My forehead felt warm and the sweat just made me feel disgusting. I wiped my hair back, inhaling quickly. It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a... dream. I kept repeating this to myself, trying to make myself calm down. But the feeling was unbearable and sickening.

Suddenly a sharp migraine stung my brain. I clenched my head in my hands and ducked it down between my folded legs. I screamed in pain as it throbbed insanely. I was nauseous. that's when I felt it. More like, heard it. I heard his voice. In my head. "Alex, get out, they're coming,"

And then, it stopped.

Right at that second, as if on queue, I heard foot steps in the corridor. Why don't they just kill me already? What did they want?! I picked up my bags and searched for Wilson. I went into the bathroom to see if he was in there, but was surprised when I couldn't find the body. SHIT! He had escaped! I couldn't find Wilson. I couldn't take the chance I opened the window and took the rusty stairs that unsteadily rocked back and forth outside. The car was parked in the front and there was no way of getting it back. I clenched my fists as I took the last few stairs, till I found my feet on the ground.

I needed to find somewhere to hide. I ran across the street, to the other side, surprised that I hadn't gotten caught. I hid behind the safety of an abandoned bus. I looked over to the window I crawled out of, the room, clearly in my view. I watched the men raid it, angrily flipping over tables. That's when I saw Wilson. He was safely hiding behind a deck chair in the neighbouring room's balcony. "Ps, ps, ps," I hissed quietly, trying to get his attention. He pricked his ears up and looked my way.

"Hey!" I heard one of the men yell. Wilson's eyes, immediately shifted to the window. He ran over to the large pipe that ran down the entire building's wall. That was the only way he could escape. He ran over, as they started shooting at him. He made it to the bottom just in time and managed to disappear into the darkness. They laughed. Assholes.

I went out of hiding and picked up my bags. What now?