CHAPTER 24

"But how? Why?"

"I have no clue. This is new to me too, you know,"

"But how is that possible? How did I see your dream?"

"You know when your skull felt like it was being bent? Yeah, that was when I was trying to communicate to you. I could only do so after I saw your dream, for some reason. And then I thought, when we...made-out, maybe I transmitted something"

"You're telling me, you transmitted your mutant-ness to me?!"

"Well technically it makes sense, I don't know if that's the cause but..."

"Take it back!"

"How would I do that?"

"I don't know, find a way! I don't want you in my head!"

"Maybe if we... you know"

"Did what?" I say, squinting at him, and then I knew what he was thinking, "No, don't you even think about it. You can't get it back like that, you'll just give me more,"

"You're talking about it like it's an STD," He laughed,

"...I'm not going to sleep with you,"

"Sleep with me? That's not what I meant. I just thought if we somehow found a way to transmit it like the first time, when we kissed,"

"I'm not kissing you,"

"Would you rather do the other thing?"

"NO! Can we just...ugh I don't know. Can you please put a shirt on!" I said getting up. His body was distracting me. 

I didn't feel safe around him anymore. The lies still stamped across his gorgeous lips.Even though he was one of them, I felt the urge to just swing my arms around his perfect body and kiss him, but then again, he could kill me. And he knew. If he was right about transmitting dreams, then he knew that what I had dreamt that night was exactly what I thought he'd do.

He pulled on a black, Pink Floyd shirt with a tiny hole in it that was clumped up on the table behind him. He sat down on the old chair he had dragged forward. Suddenly I regretted my decision on asking him to put on a shirt.

"First of all, let's get something straight, I know what you're thinking and, the answer is no, i'm not going to kill you,"

"So now you read minds?"

"No, I just know, from your dream it seemed like-"

"You were murdering me,"

"No I-"

"You can't protect me, you are what I have been running from for two year. So please don't think I'm just going to leave and run away into the sunset with you. So I suggest you piss off and let me go,"

"Because, clearly you can handle yourself right?" He said sarcastically, raising one eyebrow,

"Oh, please, don't think for one second that I have to rely on you to stay alive. Ever since I've met you only mishap has shifted into my life. For two years, I was safely hidden away, and then you found me, and now thanks to you, I'm a target,"

"Alex, you were always a target,"

"What?"