CHAPTER 59

Will knocked on my door and I opened it, "yeah?"

"I'm going to get some air, wanna come?" I considered it but after yesterday I didn't feel like it,

"No, I think I'm good here, I'm just going to rest"

"Okay," he says as I close the door. I was thinking about what Max said about Will, which was not good. I like Will but maybe because of the fact we knew each other before. I lay flat on my bed, my back to the hard mattress. The longer I stayed awake, the longer I thought, so I shut my eyes.

Back in the place I dreaded the most, the lab. Eve stood in front of me, "Alex, you put yourself here"

"Get away from me," I yell trying to break the straps that held me down,

" that's what you get for trusting a mutant"

At that moment Max was being dragged by guards down the hall, this time with a bag over his head as he screamed my name, kicking away from them.

I woke up to a knock on my door. Before I could say anything Max walked in, "Alex...did you see it?" 

I nodded and sat up, rubbing my eyes. Max looked at me quietly, "I know what you're thinking" he said looking away,

"Can I trust you?" I asked, my head down,

"Yes! I would never do anything to hurt you, or anyone! It was just a shifting dream, don't worry about it"

He got up to leave but I grabbed hold of his arm and tugged it back down. He looked at me, his green eyes were darker than other mutants and they looked kind, "Do you want to go somewhere?"

I didn't know where we were going. It was evening and high risk. I wondered if Will was alright. Max led me up to an old apartment,the tallest one in the area. It took us time to reach the top but it was worth it. We stood on the roof that looked over everything, I didn't even feel scared of the enormous height, I just closed my eyes and felt the breeze from the building gaps stroke my face. I saw Will going back to base and I sighed with relief. If I went out with Max and not him, would he be mad? I turned and saw Max sitting at the other end. I walked over and sat next to him. He pointed at a building, "After Craig assigned me, I set out to look for my target. That's where Demi found me. Those contact lenses fooled everyone until I told them and they tried to kill me. But Demi stopped them. I started forgetting about the mission. She wanted us to be together, but one night I left when everyone was asleep because I started getting reminders of my mission in my head to find you and...kill you. I didn't know they could do that, but,  when I first saw you, I knew I couldn't"

" I still can't get past the fact that you were going to kill me"

"I was assigned to, but I could never. Something clicked inside me, like a switch, I had a feeling a mutant wasn't supposed to have"

"So what now? We don't have a plan, we're going to die anyway"

"Well, Craig is bound to want me dead, especially after I didn't go through with the plan"

I looked at my feet dangling over the building. I could jump, I could jump and fall to my death and end it now. But I got up and started going downstairs. Max called after me but I continued walking. It was all too much, I wasn't scared of dying, I was scares for everyone else dying, like Michael, because of me. Tears strolled down my cheeks as I dropped my gun and sat on the step, raking my head,

"Alex?" Max said coming down, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I say wiping the tears away,

He came down to my step and sat next to me, "I know you're scared but I know you're strong enough to fight fear. Everything is going to be okay, we'll come up with a plan tomorrow, I promise "

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped an arm around me, "if you die, I won't be able to forgive myself" I say, sniffling,

"Don't worry about me"

"I can't help it. You are my only family right now and-" I was cut off when he leaned in and my words were blocked by his lips on mine. 

This was it.

What I wanted more than anything.

Him.

I snapped back into reality.

I got up, "This isn't right"

He stood, " I know you know....its right" he said before he kissed me again, and this time I followed.

THERE MIGHT BE TYPOS, SO FEEL FREE TO POINT THEM OUT!
ALSO DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!