CHAPTER 46

"Okay, who's ready to sweat?" Logan laughed,

Everyone replied with a tired groan.

"So we're going to start with shooting" he continued while passing everyone a shotgun, "I'll meet everyone on the roof in five minutes"

Logan was a master shooter, he was an assigned sniper during the raid. We made our way up the rooftop stairs, and onto the roof, where I had seen Max and Demi makeout yesterday. They were also advanced gunmen so they weren't at the same training level as we were, they trained somewhere else. Logan and Cal's job today was to test those who hadn't been tested yet. To see what training group we belonged in.

Logan and Calvin made their way up the stairs, "Okay, everyone lay flat on their stomachs and position your guns to shoot at the targets"

"What targets?" I asked just as a small brick was launched over our heads in front of us. I shot it quickly before anyone got the chance,

"Nice one, Rookie" Logan said nodding,

Cal launched another one and this time two shots took it down, Will's and mine. Cal and Logan were talking quietly amongst each other. There were five of us, and so far only Will and I were the only ones who managed to take a winning shot. Another one was thrown, then another. Both times, he and I shot it at the same time, hitting it with a loud bang. There were no mutants around, especially at this time in such and exposed area, so we wouldn't get caught.

"Will, Alex, I think you should be in a higher group," Logan said as we were about to get up and leave, "I think you two should join group three with Cal and I"

"You mean, snipers?" I say surprised,

"You two have talent that shouldn't be wasted. Tomorrow, we're taking our training to the triangle, I want you two to come"

"We skipped a level? Shouldn't we be in group two?"

"Group two is for those who are qualified fighters, meaning they will have to do face-to-face combat. You two are natural shooters, with a little more training, you could keep the team alive"

"Wow, I never thought I'd be a sniper, I thought I was just a guy who knew how to pull a trigger" Will said with a laugh.

Walking back to my room, I bumped into Max on the way,

"So..."

"So?"

"What group did you get into?"

"Three"

"What?" he said surprised,

"Yeah, looks like I'm not as useless as you thought I was" I say walking away before he could say anything else.

Yet another afternoon in my room. Boredom was killing me. I opened my door and went downstairs. I grabbed my gun and put on my boots. I unlocked the heavy metal door and stepped out. There was a slight breeze and the buildings whistled through the broken windows. I shut the door making sure it was locked from the inside.