CHAPTER 23

I woke up in a room. How did I get here? Then I remembered. Max. I pushed off the blanket in a hurry and ended up falling off the couch I was sleeping on. The floor was cold, and concrete. I picked myself up. My muscles ached. I couldn't remember what happened, except the part where I was being followed. 

"You're awake," He said. It's like he was constantly shirtless purposely just to make me uncomfortable, but he was, unfortunately, gorgeous.

"How?" I said sitting down on the couch, seeing that the only way to escape, was the door behind him. 

"How what?"

"How did you...do that?"

"You need to work on your description bec-"

I cut him off, "How did you speak to me through, my thoughts?"

"First of all, you're welcome, and now, you have to rest, they tasered you pretty good,"

That explains it, Taser.

"I'm not doing anything until you tell me how you did that,"

"It wasn't easy. So the thing is, whenever you have a dream with both of us in it, I guess it transmits to me. The dream where we were at the lab, that was initially mine but when you woke up in the night I knew you had seen it,"

"So you can only see the dreams, when we're both in them? All of them?"

"Yes,"

I blushed. He saw last night's dream?

"But that still doesn't explain how you could talk to me"

"It took some time to master, but when I saw the dream you had last night, the one where..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know....anyway?"

"Well, I felt like I was there, with you, almost like I could feel you,"

That's how I felt last night.

"And then for some reason when you woke up, I started to see things, flashing images that stabbed my brain. I saw the men walking down the hall. I heard you speak to yourself, in my head, in my head. And then I wondered, what if you could hear me? And that's when I experimented with the speaking, but after I had warned you, my thoughts went back to normal. It came back again when you were running from them, this time I managed to watch you for longer to the point where you reached the door. I felt you get tasered, but briefly and then our connection was lost. They started carrying you away, but I stopped them. They didn't suspect anything, since they thought I was one of them,"

"What did you do to them?"

"What I had to"

I I leaned back on the couch. Something was wrong. Usually when a mutant dies, it's a good thing, but I felt guilt for the first time, I had a bad feeling.