CHAPTER 70

He turned to them as they discussed for a good two minutes.

Finally he looked back at us, "Fine, but on one condition,"

"And what's that?"

"That we are not treated like hostages"

"Well, that all depends on how you cooperate"

He simply nodded as they followed us to the door,

"Now, if you try to run, they will shoot you"

Rodriguez gave everyone a quick look, making sure they all went accordingly.

As I heard the door lock turn open I felt the tension in the small room and I was expecting everyone to run out all at once, but, to my surprise, they waited till Max and I went out first and then one by one they surrendered through the rusty door.

Max and I exited last. Dylan was talking to Logan behind everyone, clearly very deep in discussion. As soon as Rodriguez spotted Demi he gave her a surprised look, before spotting Cal and let out a shocked, "You too?!"

They let out a small laugh as we all moved towards the other room. Max walked beside me, occasionally out shoulders and dangling hands would touch and we would glance at each other from the corner of our eyes. I could tell her wanted to say something but he stopped himself. I wanted to just blurt out the words that were tied to my tongue, but nothing came out. My throat felt dry and my neck started sweating. Some odd tension lingered in the air between us. I don't know why, but the urge was incredible, like a magnetic force that was trying to get us together. It was like our minds were collaborating together but we didn't know about it.

"Do you feel that?" he whispers,

I was shocked, "You feel it too?"

"There's a draught in here"

Oh.

"Nevermind, I thought you were talking about something else"

"What?"

"Nevermind"

"Tell me"

But before I could say anything, we heard Connor's voice echo it's way over to us, calling us over.

"So you're saying you want to disguise yourself and try and sneak into Craig's party?" Rodriguez asks, in disbelief,

"Basically"

"Then why do you need us?" he continues,

"Because, once the main system is taken down and the controls are disabled, we need you to attack"

"Attack who? Craig? But he's just one guy"

"Even though the mutants minds will be restored to human state, we don't know how long it will take for the system to shut down completely, and besides, not all of them are mutants," Connor explains,

"You mean, humans?"

"Those that chose to follow, yes"

"How do we tell the difference once the system is off?"

"Apparently the followers have a marking, but we don't know what it looks like"

"A marking? You mean like body markings?" I ask.

"Exactly. Our insider intel-"

"Okay you need to tell us about this intel," Max cuts in,

"You will meet her soon enough"

"Her?"

VOTE AND COMMENT!
~M