Nova Vita Academy ::17::

This is a filler. I know I know sorry, but it had to be done that way I can jump into the next chapter full swing. Anyways, hope you enjoy it despite the filler ness of this episode. Next one will be better, promise.

VOTE & COMMENT

________________

"So remember to practice those movements. [Name]?"
Your eyes snapped back to Clint. The look on your face could only be described as a deer caught in the headlights. It was nearing the end of the gym class and Clint had stolen you away from Cloud to work on some more basic archery lessons.
"Yeah. I got it." You nodded fiercely.
Clint crossed his arms over the tight black shirt covering his torso and lifted a single eyebrow, "What did I say to do?"
"To umm", You bit your lower lip. Honestly you hadn't heard a word the hero had said. Your mind had been focused solely on the fact that Rae hated you because she had a crush on Cloud. Apparently, Clint noticed, "You said don't poke my eye out with the arrow?"
Clint's lips twitched up in a smile, "No, but good guess."
"I'm sorry, Clint." You sighed, "I'm just not in it today."
"Is it your head still? Tash told me that the doctor sat you out because of a headache."
"No it's not that." You waved him off, "Cloud overreacted. I'm fine. I just can't seem to focus right now."
"Yeah well when we actually start shooting things and you're having one of these days, let me know ahead of time." Clint said as the others began to file into the locker rooms, "The last thing we need is some kid with an arrow stuck in his back."
You chuckled, "Will do. Sorry again."
"Go change out, and practice those forms I showed you last time." He pointed at you as you headed toward the locker room. You gave him a small wave before heading towards the locker room.
Lunch passed by quickly and uneventfully. You found yourself walking into your last class of the day, and of course when you stepped into the room your eyes widened some.
Tony was sitting at his desk behind two tall pillars of boxes. There were four cardboard boxes in total, and a smug grin on Tony's face. He noticed you standing in the doorway gaping at the pile, "In or out, [Name]. You're blocking the door."
You stepped forward to let other students walk in behind you. They didn't even give the tall stacks a glance. You shrugged and moved to take a seat.
"Hey guys." You chirped.
Demyx beamed, "[Name], hi!"
The others gave distracted greetings except Namine who was completely focused on the sketch pad in front of her. Everyone was watching her except Demyx who was humming to himself while looking through his phone.
"What's going on?" You leaned towards Namine to see her sketch pad when Yuffie stopped you.
"Don't touch her!"
You leaned back and froze, "Um what?"
"She's having a vision right now." Zack explained.
"A vision? What?"
"She can see the future and she draws it out." Ven mumbled. He was leaning against the table keeping his eyes on Namine. You decided to watch her along with the others.
Namine's hair hung down and covered most of the sketch book from sight, but apparently that didn't bother her. You sunk in your seat trying to get a peek at her. It surprised you to see that her eyes weren't even open. Her hand sped across the paper, but she couldn't see a thing.
Suddenly her head snapped up startling everyone at the table. Her eyes were wide open and she was breathing deeply as if something had scared her.
"Did I do it again? I had a vision?" She asked looking around before glancing down at the pad. Everyone leaned closer to take a look at it.
The picture was drawn only with a pencil so it was in shades of gray. It was a sketch of Dr. Banner standing in a doorway with a look of stress worn on his face. There was a dark colored stain on the front of his shirt. Namine's artistic skill was shockingly good in her other pictures, but this specific picture looked almost too life like. As if it were a photo.
"Why did you draw Dr. Banner?" Sora questioned. Namine shrugged and set down her pencil.
Ven let out a huff, "Well that was anticlimactic. I was hoping for something more exciting."
"She is never going to draw the lotto numbers, Ven." Xion rolled her eyes. He glared at her making you laugh.
"So you're not aware of what you're doing when you have a vision?" You asked curiously.
Namine shook her head, "No. I just kind I black out and when I wake up there's a new picture in front of me."
"Wow." You breathed.
"One time she drew me in a cast", Axel spoke up, "A week later I broke my arm."
"JARVIS", Tony spoke up loudly, "Have you taken attendance?"
"Yes sir I have. Everyone is present today."
"Ok then well-"
The door opened and there stood a tired Dr. Banner. His dark curly locks were a mess and his glasses hung haphazardly from his shirt pocket. On his light yellow button up shirt was a large stain.
You glanced down at Namine's picture, "That's-"
"Wow this one took no time at all to happen hmm?" Yuffie chirped.
"Brucey, you got a little-", Tony motioned toward his own shirt mimicking the area of the stain on Bruce's. "What brings you here?"
"You stole my packages."
"They were dropped off here."
"Why would beakers and lab equipment be dropped off in the art room?"
"Have you seen the Jane bots? Basic robotic programming, it's honestly pathetic." Tony shrugged.
Dr. Banner walked in further, "And you couldn’t correct them or-or bring them to my classroom?"
"I have to teach buddy. I have responsibilities." Tony replied, "Speaking of which, JARVIS start lesson."
JARVIS began to pick up where he left off last time about different artistic styles, but you watched the two teachers talk. It was infinitely more interesting.
"So what's up with the stain? You miss your mouth?"
"I ran into someone on the way here. They spilled their coffee on me."
"Well A plus to you for not turning into the jolly green giant."
Dr. Banner gave him a level exhausted stare while Tony just smiled. Beneath the banter, you could see that they were still close friends.
"Look I'm just going to take these and go."
Zack rose from his seat beside you and crossed the room to stand by Dr. Banner, "I can hold these for you."
"You don't have to do that." He argued, but Zack picked up all four boxes with ease. Both of them looked surprised, so you guessed that the boxes were somewhat heavy.
"You lift?" Tony asked in a mocking way.
"It's my gift." Zack replied.
Dr. Banner gave a tight smile, "Well thanks. I appreciate it. Bye, Tony."
Tony sighed and nodded before plopping back into his chair. There was a smile on your face at Zack's act of kindness. You always liked it when people went out if their way to help someone out. For a little while, you relied on those kinds of people so the appreciation for it never went away.
"What? That kind of thing turns you on?" Axel leaned forward to ask. The question startled you as a blush crossed your face. "Because I mean I can volunteer for a charity or something."
"You? Volunteer?" Yuffie scoffed, "Please."
The two began to argue as you pulled your attention away from them. Your eyes glanced over Rae who was texting on her phone. Her light brown hair was pulled up into a bun with multiple small braids wrapping around her head like a headband. She must have constructed the complex hairstyle after gym. With her flawless complexion, and big brown eyes she looked like a model sporting a high school uniform. Did Cloud like that type of girl? A part of you was curious on how he felt. It didn't seem like he was crushing on her, but then again your intellect level on relationships and love lives was about zero. Although, for as long as you knew Rae, she always had a handsome guy on her arm. She was a pro when it came to love lives, and when Rae liked a guy it was only a matter of time before they liked her back.
You tore your gaze away from her and focused on the lesson JARVIS was teaching. The rest of the class period went by without much drama. Zack came back about ten minutes later and claimed his seat beside you with a smile. You returned it before tearing your gaze away again. A buzzing was beginning to form behind your eyes and it was really bothering you.
"Hey let's go."
You straightened yourself and noticed you were the only one still sitting. Everyone had left the room already except Xion who was waiting to head to volleyball with you.
"Oh, it's time to go?" You stood and gathered your things. "The others didn't even say bye."
"Yeah they did", Xion nodded, "You just didn't reply."
"I didn't-?" You paused before giving her a forced smile, "Oops."
"You sure you're alright?" Xion asked as the two of you passed Tony's desk. Tony gave you a curious glare that you replied to with a small smile.
"I'm fine. Just a little bit out of it, I guess."

By time you got to the gym and changed into your practice uniform, your head was completely clear. For the first time since your headache, you felt clear and concentrated. That helped in practice and you found yourself playing at the top of your game.
At the end of practice, after everyone had changed out, Tifa handed out flyers with the volleyball schedule printed on it. It didn't surprise you that all your games were at home.
"I can't wait until our first game!" Erin squealed.
You stood in between Serah and Ty Lee with Xion across from you next to Erin. Your phone began to ring and it took you a few seconds to pull it from your bag and answer.
"Hello?"
"[Name]!" Yuffie cried making you flinch, "Don't forget, you have to come to softball practice tonight at 6!"
"Don't forget?? I never knew there was practice in the first place!" You glanced at the clock on the wall to see it was 5:45. You wave bye to everyone before rushing out of the school so you could stop by your apartment and grab your gear. You paused a moment to take in your dry surroundings. It had rained earlier and you expected everything to be soaked outside. Instead, the only evidence of the previous storm was the humid air that hung around you.
"Yeah I was supposed to tell you", Yuffie mumbled, "Anyways, hurry up!"
The phone clicked off and you sighed before picking up your pace. By time you dressed for practice, gathered your gear, and got out the door it was already 6:00. After waving bye to Namine, who was doing homework in the kitchen area, you ran out and headed towards the field.
When you finally got there you were surprised to see that the new coach was there rather than Cid and Steve. All the girls were on the field running drills when you set your gear down. The coach turned around and your eyes widened.
"Officer Befong?!"
"Hmm [Name]. Late I see. Three laps and then join us in the drill."
"Wait- but-"
"Go."
You dropped your glove and began to run. It was meant to be punishment sure, but three laps around the field was nothing to you. You used the time to warm up your arms and legs so you wouldn't cramp up while playing.
You were in your third lap when a sharp pain cut across your chest from the top of your left shoulder down to the right side of your hip. It stopped you in your tracks and then threw you onto you back. It knocked the wind out of you as you gaped for air. Your shaky fingers pulled your shirt up to see no wound.
The pain was gone, but you remained lying in the grass panting for breath. Footsteps ran over and you gave them a glance.
"[Name]!" Yuffie yelled running up behind Officer Befong and Aqua. The others were watching from a distance.
"What happened? Are you alright?" Officer Befong questioned.
You nodded, "Yeah. I just- I don't know what happened. I felt this sharp pain and it knocked me off my feet."
"Are you injured?" Officer Befong questioned, "Aqua, go get the first aid kit."
"No!" You said and got to your feet. Aqua paused mid step. You shook your head, "I'm fine now really. I don't know what happened, but I'm ok."
It was the truth. You felt perfectly fine again.
Officer Befong seemed skeptical, "Are you sure? Do you think you can still practice?"
You gave her a thumbs up, "Oh yeah."
The small group joined back up with the other. You ignored the curious stares and grabbed your gear so you could start practicing again. You practice for the next hour and a half and successfully kept your mind off everything but softball. At the end coach Befong handed out a schedule that listed when all the games were. Just like with volleyball, they were all home games.
"Volleyball games are Monday, Tuesday is soccer, Wednesday is softball, Thursday is baseball, and Friday is football." A girl listed from the top of her head. Your eyes widened in surprise. It'd be a busy week of you watching your friends play or playing yourself. You curiously wondered how you'd ever find time to actually study.
"Dismissed for the day!" Coach called.
You headed home with Yuffie and Korra. They happily talked to each other about the upcoming game while your mind quietly sank back to what had happened to you earlier. The pain had felt familiar, but you couldn't quite place how. A sigh escaped your lips as you forced a small smile on your face. You were ok now and that's all that mattered. Tomorrow would be a better day.