Nova Vita Academy ::18::

I know what you're thinking. I can't believe I updated NVA either. I just knew how much you guys wanted it so I jumped back into it and tried. My inspiration was actually watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It made me want to write for Captain America so I was like 'I'll try to write NVA!'. Of course this chapter doesn't even have Steve Rogers so my logic doesn't hold strong ._. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter! You might have to go back and read the last few chapters to remember what happened up to this point (I know I did lol).

_______________

You felt like a drowned rat. That was the only apt description you could use. Your fall uniform was dripping wet. Not only because it was pouring rain outside, but also because the roads had flooded. So walking to school turned into swimming to school. The umbrellas left at the door for each person in your room didn't help either. The strong winds had blown them away. You, Yuffie, and Namine stood in the front lobby of school trying to wring out your clothes.
"Yikes." Korra walked up, dry as a bone.
Yuffie pointed at her, "Where were you this morning?"
"I left early to meet up with Sora and Aang." She shrugged and the chuckled at your appearance, "Man you guys got the worst of it."
"Yeah, ha ha." You rolled your eyes and began to shake. Korra stepped forward and began to go through intricate movements. Slowly, the water was pulled from all three of your hair and clothing articles forming a large ball of water in front of you.
"Morning." Roxas greeted in a grumpy tone as a soaking wet him and Ven began to walk through the open doors. However, Korra had thrown her arms out already to shoot the ball of water away. Roxas hit the ground in time, but Ven wasn't as lucky.
The water hit Ven in the chest and knocked him onto his back. Korra began to spew apologies, but the amused grin remained on her face. As she moved to do the same thing she did to you to Ven and Roxas, Roxas spoke up, "What day is it?"
"It's a bullshit day, is what it is!" Ven scowled, "This weather is a freaking joke."
"Red." You replied and ignored Ven's rant. "We do the red classes."
"Except", Namine spoke up. Her phone was in her hand, "Today's gym is going to be combined, before lunch."
"How come?" Yuffie questioned as all six of you walked down the crowded hallways.
Namine glanced back down at her phone to read the notification, "It says because of flooding or something."
"That's as stupid as this weather." Ven muttered before storming to his first class. You said bye to Roxas and Namine before, you, Korra, and Yuffie headed toward first block.
The class was already full when the three of you walked in. Even Dr. Banner was at his desk already typing away on his laptop.
"How are you guys not wet?" Sora cried as you took your seat beside him. Riku and him both were damp.
You nodded toward Korra, "She did some of that water magic."
"Darn water-bending." A damp Bolin muttered as he leaned against the table beside Yuffie and Sokka. Korra gave him a cheesy grin.
Class began and you found it unusually hard to focus. Every few minutes or so your eyesight would blur then quickly snap back to focus. You sighed and rubbed your eyes. A warm hand wrapped around your wrist and lightly pulled your hands back. You glanced over at Sora who was staring at you with a concerned look.
"You ok?" He mouthed.
You nodded and gave him a forced smile.
"Now on page 94 you can see a diagram of this." Dr. Banner spoke. He began to write another definition on the board when his classroom door opened. Tony Stark waltzed in and Dr. Banner sighed, "Not now, Tony. I'm in the middle of class."
"I just need [Name] [Surname]." He replied and all eyes shot to you.
Dr. Banner was hesitant to believe him, "Why?"
"Art project." Tony shrugged and walked over to you. He put his hands on your shoulder and began to lead you out, "It's an art thing. A man of science like you wouldn't understand."
"Tony." He stressed his name. You glanced back to see all your belongings at your desk still. Sora pulled it in with his stuff and gave you a thumbs up.
Tony pushed you out the door, "I'm not bitter about you getting the science position, leaving me with art. Have a good class."
He shut the door behind the both of you and started down the hall. You struggled to keep up with his fast pace, "You seem a little bitter about it."
"I am so bitter about it." Tony glanced back to reply, but kept moving.
You cleared your throat, "So why do you need me? I know we don't have an art project."
"I need to ask you something." He answered vaguely. You followed him to his classroom. His first block was filled with students watching the slideshow presented by JARVIS on the large screen. Tony clapped his hands, turning on the dimmed lights. Your eyes landed on Noctis and Lightning who were sitting near the door.
"[Name]?" Noctis greeted.
You gave them a small wave when Tony began to speak, "Class is dismissed. All of you get out."
"Where do we go?" A student asked.
"How about anywhere but here? Now shoo." Tony waved them out the door. Your art teacher was always sarcastic. That was a given, but today his sarcasm and sass held an undertone of seriousness.
"Is everything ok?" You asked slowly as he shut the door and locked it behind the last student. You didn't even get the chance to say bye to Noctis and Lightning.
Tony ignored you, "JARVIS, activate the block now."
"Activating the block, sir." JARVIS replied, "You have twelve minutes and 29 seconds before the block is shut down."
"Who are you?" Tony took a step toward you.
Your eyes narrowed, "I'm...I'm [Name], [Name] [Surname]."
"No, I mean who are you really?" He pressed. Your look of confusion must have made his thought process stumble. Tony tore his focus away from you and sat down in his seat. He began to type commands into his computer. You watched as screens popped up and disappeared as words like 'ACCESS GRANTED' and 'ACCESS DENIED' flashed across the screen.
"This island put up a block. I can't access any database from earth, at least none of the important ones. I can't get into SHEILD, the FBI, CIA, my own company... I can't even get into the Justice League's systems and that used to be as easy as bringing up google." Tony spoke, "Not only that, but they bugged my classroom."
"What does this have to do with me?" You asked.
"Getting there." He turned to face you, "They blocked me so I decided to jump into their own systems. This entire island is run by someone using a machine. I got past the first firewall only for it to shoot me out, however", Tony pressed a button then pointed to the large screen behind you. You spun around and your jaw fell slack, "I found you."
It was a photo of you, but at the same time it wasn't. Your [h/c] hair was pulled back into a messy bun and you wore a black leather jacket. There was a small scar under your left eye that you didn't currently have. Then there were your eyes. Your [e/c] eyes looked cold and distant, harsh, like they had seen a war.
"Is that...me?" You murmured and stepped forward.
"I don't know, is it?" He walked up behind you then past you. Tony stretched out his hand and began to manipulate the screen mid air. He opened a file that read your name at the top. Right below it was appearance details such as height, weight, etc. In bold red, stamped across the bottom of your photo, were the words THREAT EXTERMINATED.
"Another big question would be this", Tony zoomed into a spot on the document then turned to look at you, "See the date?"
You stepped forward, "Does that say August 8, 2064?"
"Yeah. It does."
"But...But that's 3 years from now." You exclaimed, "This doesn't make...why would I be in their database? Why- Why do I look like...like a..."
"Like a badass?" Tony finished your question. You couldn't tear your eyes away from the photo of you. He clenched his jaw in thought and stared at you, trying to gauge a reaction, "You're all over their database, but it's not just you. I found one of these for everybody."
"Everybody?" You glanced over at him.
"Every single person at this school."
"What", You paused, "What about you? The teachers?"
"I found another folder. I think it has us, but I can't open it." Tony glared at his computer console as if he could intimidate the machinery into cooperating with him. You shook your head.
"Why did you bring me in here? Why ask me about it?"
He made a few swift movements and more files were brought up. You saw Ven, Roxas, Cloud, Yuffie, Zack, Bolin, Mako, and Hope. There were more of your friends though. You could see the corner of their faces from the edge of the screen and there were even more people you didn't recognize. Photos had different words across the bottom in red like yours. Every face you recognized as a friend though said 'THREAT CONTAINED'.
"Because you are the only person I know who has exterminated written on the bottom." He leaned against one of the tables behind him.
You shook your head, "I don't understand."
"Three minutes, sir." JARVIS' voice spoke up. "May I also add that your second block class will be arriving in four minutes and 37 seconds."
"What happens in three minutes with the block?" You stiffened.
Tony headed back towards his desk, "The bugs turn back on and we're under watch."
"Why can't you just get rid of them completely? You're Tony Stark!"
"I'm aware of that, thanks."
You sat down in a seat and tried to wrap your mind around this. The super secret island database had a file about you 3 years from now saying you were exterminated. How did that make any sense at all? You glanced over to see Tony in thought. There was a puzzled look on his face.
"What do I do?" You asked softly. His eyes locked onto yours and for a second you thought a flash of regret passed across his features.
Tony shook his head, "I thought you'd shed light on this, not make it more confusing. I shouldn't have brought this up."
"No", You replied, "I'm glad you did."
It was the truth. Sure, ignorance was bliss, but you didn't want to blind. You wanted to know what was going on, especially if it concerned you and your friends.
"Sixty seconds, sir."
"Don't say anything about this." Tony pointed toward you, "This is between you and me."
Your mind went back to a questionable day, "I can't work on the island."
"What?" His head tilted.
You nodded, "I tried to get a job, like everyone else, but the Jane bot lost her mind. Said I wasn't allowed, it had a melt down even."
"Twenty seconds, sir."
Tony let your information roll around in his head. His eyes narrowed as he tried to piece together. A sigh escaped him, "Start laughing."
"What?"
"Laugh." Tony replied just as JARVIS the block was down. You began to laugh, but your acting wasn't about to win any awards. Tony was laughing with you but he quickly let his laugh die out and you did he same, "Anyways, [Name]. That's all I really needed for you to fix on your art project. Start moving or you'll be late."
"I uh", You nodded, "Right, I'll see you in fourth block."
He gave you a serious look before you unlocked the door and headed down the hall. The bell rang and students filed into the hallway. You had to wait by the door of your classroom for it to empty out before you could go in. The moment you stepped in though you were greeted.
"[Name]? You're early." Sam glanced down at the time on his laptop. He glanced back up at you with a smirk, "Eager for class?"
You grinned back, "Of course."
You took your seat and squinted in confusion. Weren't you upset about something? The thought disappeared as quickly as it had come as Sam moved to lean against the front of his desk.
"So," He crossed his arms, "I guess you'll be helping me out sooner rather than later."
"Hmm?"
"Remember? I offered you a job helping me with some stuff?" He replied.
You nodded, "Right, I almost forgot. I thought we weren't going to start until after sports though?"
"You didn't hear?" His eyes narrowed in confusion.
People got to the door to come in, but Yuffie shoved past them all and flew in first. You jumped in surprise as she charged toward you with an irritated look.
"I can't believe this! Can you believe this?! This is ridiculous!" She let her fist bang against your desk.
You held you hand out, "Yuffie, calm down, what's going on?"
"They cancelled all the sports!" She replied, "We were going to be a rocking softball team and now it's all over!"
"We've barely even done any practices, why are they canceling?" Your eyes were wide.
"No idea! You didn't hear the announcement? It came on a few minutes after you left class!" She sat down and others began to come in, "Now that I think about it, why weren't you in class? What did Tony need?"
"It was-" You began when the reason hit you hard. A frown decorated your face as you glanced over to see Sam had left the room. You didn't want him to hear, but now that you thought about it Tony said between him and you only, "He just needed an opinion about something. It was nothing."
Yuffie nodded before beginning to rant about the sports again. You would be just as angry if you still weren't so shaken about the thing between you and Tony.
Class blurred by, and you kept your head facing downward the entire time. Your eyes weren't seeing blurry like they did during first block though which was a small win.
"[Name]?" Your head snapped up to see everyone had their attention on you. There were looks of confusion, boredom, and concern. Sam was the one speaking, "Is everything alright?"
You opened your mouth but no words could come out. Not by choice either. It felt like you couldn't breathe, as if something had taken the air from your lungs entirely. The bell rang ending class and your breath returned to you. You took a gulp of air as people round you gathered their books.
"What's wrong?" Zack asked.
Aang echoed his question, "Yeah is everything ok?"
"I'm fine." You stepped out of the classroom. You, Aang, Katara, Yuffie, Zack, Roxas, and Ven headed down the hall toward 3rd block gym. You had successfully directed the attention off you and now the group was talking about how crappy the weather was.
You had noticed Noctis, Lightning, and Maqui a few feet behind you in the crowd, probably heading toward 3rd block gym as well, but you couldn't find a way to walk over to them. It wasn't like the group around you was going to welcome them either.
The gym was loud which was expected considering it was two classes pushed together. Everyone was grabbing a seat on the bleachers that stretched up. You spotted Sora trying to wave you down from the front, far right. It looked like him and a few others had got here in enough time to save mass of seats for the large group. You walked toward them with the others when you caught glance of Hope sitting near the middle by Yuj and Noel. You gave him a smile that he quickly returned.
"We're gonna spar today!" Sora cheered when the group got close enough. You sat down in the second row beside Xion and Demyx and behind Reno.
"About time." Ven replied with a clap of his hands. You had confidence in your fighting skills, but going against someone like Axel who threw balls of fire made you worry. They couldn't possibly expect you to spar against someone with powers like that, right?
"We apologize for the inconvenience of this dastardly weather." Thor spoke in his booming voice. The gym quieted as he spoke and focused on the trainers on the gym floor, "But we are in gratitude for your swift movement to your seats."
Auron stepped forward, "Since we have such a large class, we'll just be sparring. Those who don't spar should pay close attention. You can learn from your peers."
"Each trainer will choose a pair to spar." Leon explained and let his gaze travel over the crowd, "Jonathan and Ace."
"Zuko and Axel." Master Jeong Jeong nodded. Axel clapped his hands and raised them in celebration. Zuko who was down the row from him remained quiet but there was a small smirk forming on his lips.
"[Name] and Rae." Natasha caught your eye. You gave her a smile, at least you wouldn't be fighting an elementalist. As the other trainers listed their matches you glanced over the crowd looking for Rae. She was sitting in the middle of the crowd between Erin and Kairi. This would be an interesting fight. You couldn’t lose to her though, she's never let you live it down.
The first sparring match began almost immediately, and it was a bit of a bore. Both guys that Leon chose had a simple fighting technique that was easy to follow with your eyes. The Ace kid came out on top, but a part of you felt like you could've taken him down yourself.
"Good job." Leon said to each one and then pulled them aside to give them tips and pointers.
Axel and Zuko headed down to the front, both eager to start. It wasn't an eagerness to attack each other, it was more out of fun.
"I'm not gonna take it easy on you, got it memorized?" Axel stretched his shoulders and arms.
Zuko rolled his neck slowly, "Wouldn't expect you to."
"And...fight!" Master Jeong Jeong called.
Axel was the first to throw an attack. He threw his arm out sending a stream of bright orange fire towards Zuko. You watched as Zuko swung his arms in wide arcs sending the flame up and back toward Axel who dove out of the way. As Axel rolled to his feet, Zuko lunged forward and sent out a string of punches and kicks that Axel blocked. His face was drawn in concentration as his last block sent Zuko stumbling back.
"Kick his ass, Axel!" Yuffie cheered.
Korra elbowed her lightly, keeping her eyes on the fight and a smile on her face, "You got it, Zuko!"
Axel began to shoot balls of fire in repetition toward Zuko who ducked and slid out of harm's way. Once he got his footing again Zuko quickly went through his usual movements and threw his arms out toward Axel who was prepping to shoot his own attack.
It went all wrong though.
Axel stiffened and froze in his movements as Zuko stared at him in confusion. The gym grew silent as everyone sat on the edge of their seats trying to figure out what was going on.
"Stop." Master Jeong Jeong jumped forward. Zuko twisted to look at him, his hands still up, and the sound of bones cracking echoed through the room. Axel's pained cry was the next to fill the room. Zuko's eyes widened and he let his arms fall to his sides. Axel collapsed to the floor still crying out in pain. Everyone was on their feet as panic rippled over the crowd.
Ven had his phone out and to his ear speaking quickly. You caught Cloud's name, but your attention went back to Axel. You didn't know what to do. Leon, Tifa, Auron, and Clint were surrounding Axel trying to assess the situation as Thor and Auron calmed the crowd. Master Jeong Jeong was speaking to Zuko off to the side. Zuko's face held shock, panic, and dread all mixed together.
Your vision began to blur again but this time it was from tears of frustration. Axel let out another agonizing pained cry and your hands clenched. What use was a healing ability if you couldn't even help your friends?