Nova Vita Academy ::15:: [AXEL]

This is the Axel INDIVIDUAL result, and out of all the ones I wrote it's my personal fav ;D Something about Axel angst is just fun to write. Anyways only two more results left to post. The Mako result will be posted either tomorrow or Tuesday! :D

COMMENT AND VOTE

___________________________________

You woke up the next morning with a smile on your face. Why wouldn't you? It was Sunday, you made both teams you tried out for, and everything was going great. After lying in a bed lazily for the next few minutes you got up and noticed Namine wasn't in the room. With a casual shrug you headed out towards the kitchen looking for your roommates. All you found instead were three notes taped to the fridge. On them were brief explanations on where they were.

Had to go run errands. We totally ditched you. Go hang out with Zack so I can earn some Lamnas!!
-Yuffie

No! Go with Mako!
-Korra

Roxas is free :)
-Namine

You rolled your eyes with a smile and went to take a shower. After cleaning up you began to search for an outfit. You weren't quite sure what to wear since you didn't know what you'd be doing today yet. Of course it'd be nice if you could get a job to earn money so you could buy new clothes. A frown formed on your face as you thought back to the look that Jane bot gave you. It was the stuff of nightmares.
Finally, you decided on a pretty sundress from your closet. You put your hair up so it was out of your face as well. Then after eating a quick breakfast you grabbed your purse, filled with your wallet and phone, and left the building.
The sun was shining bright as usual without a single cloud in the sky. Yet it wasn't too hot. It was, well, perfect. You hummed a simple tune as you casually walked down the street towards Seashell Boardwalk. Once on it you realized how crowded this area was. It seemed like everyone was there today soaking up the sun. You made your way through the crowd just looking for something to do. A flash of red hair made you pause in your step. Axel was leaning against the railing of the boardwalk casually. Of course the person you really noticed was leaning against Axel's bare chest.
Rae.
Out of all the people to see today it would be her. You went to turn around and rush away but stopped when you caught sight of Rae pressing her lips against Axel's. You weren't sure how you felt about that. Worry washed over you for one. Axel was a friend of yours now and you didn't want to see him get hurt by Rae. Another feeling hovered right below worry though. It was the oh so familiar feeling of jealousy. You were close friends with the green eyed monster. It seemed to always rear its ugly head when you saw some random person with their parents. Now here it was again.
They broke apart and Rae turned to leave. In a panic you usher over to the railing and looked out over the sea nonchalantly. You prayed she would pass behind you without so much as a passing glance. Your prayers were answered when you looked out of the corner of your eye and saw her walk away. A sigh of relief was about you pass your lips when two tan, lean arms trapped you against the railing on either side. You jumped and spun around, ready to attack.
"Well hey there [Name]." Axel purred. A confident smirk work proudly on his lips. All he had on was a pair of khaki shorts and flip flops. You could see his shirt hanging from his belt loop though.
"Axel." You greeted, "How are you?"
"Pretty good." He replied.
"I bet." You muttered under your breath. Either Axel didn't hear you or he ignored you.
"Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" He asked you leaning forward slightly. Without hesitation you put your hand against his face and pushed him back so his arms hung limply at his side.
"I'd really prefer you didn't stand that close to me. I don't want any Rae germs thanks."
"Oh." Axel said removing your hand, "You saw that?"
Part of you wanted to just walk away right then and there. A nagging feeling pulled at you to stay though. Was it the worry? Or worse was it the jealously? You bit your lip and sighed.
"Let me buy you a smoothie Ax. We need to talk."
Axel's smirk returned, "Sounds good to me."
The two of you walked down the boardwalk to a small smoothie shop. You ordered one for yourself and Axel did the same. They handed you the smoothies without asking for any sort of payment. Axel saw the questioning look on your face and answered your unspoken question as the two of you sat down at a small table.
"They make you pay before you leave."
"Oh", You nodded, "Anyways-"
"Yes?" Axel leaned forward closer to you. A blush blossomed across your cheeks. You leaned back in your seat.
"Put your shirt on." You said. Axel pulled his shirt out and slipped it on over his head. You pulled your eyes away from his lean, muscled form.
"So what did you wanna talk about?" Axel itched a spot behind his ear before taking a sip of his smoothie.
"I want to warn you Axel. Rae is kind of-"
"Crazy? Manipulative? Possessive? Yeah it's kind of obvious babe. I mean it’s practically radiating off her.  Got it Memorized?"
"Then why were you two sucking faces?!" You cried.
"She's a good kisser I'll give her that, and mighty fine might I add. Nothing on you though." He winked at you and you groaned in frustration.
"That's not right Axel."
"Why? Are you jealous?"
Your cheeks burned but you continued, "It's not right to Rae."
"Weren't you just calling her crazy?"
"Yeah but she's still human!" Axel gave you a look and you shrugged, "Sort of, but the point is no matter how awful someone is they don't deserve to be treated like that."
"I was nice to her! I bought her breakfast." Axel pointed at you.
"What if she really starts to like you? It's obvious you're not serious about her."
"Well that's her problem." Axel shrugged and leaned back in his seat. He crossed his arms across his chest.
"That's awful Axel." You said.
"Yeah and who are you to tell me that?!" Axel yelled his eyes flaring in anger, "I just met you! You don't know me. Just because a few others told you things about me doesn't mean anything. Got it Memorized?"
You sighed, "I know but what you're doing isn't...it isn't good for you. It's not good for your heart, it isn't good to go throwing something like that around."
He leaned forward and replied in a dark almost hurt tone, "Who said I have a heart anymore?"
You paused. He leaned back again and shook his head in frustration. A man came by asking for payment. Before you could pull out your card Axel paid for it.
"You didn't have to..." Your voice faded.
"I have a heart. It beats in my chest and pumps blood to all the parts of this handsome body." Axel tried to lighten the mood. He stood and gave you a tight, forced smile, "but the emotional aspect of my heart is as good as dead. There's no such thing as true love [Name] so why not go crazy and have fun?"
He walked away leaving his smoothie sitting on the table. This afternoon had backfired a bit, but as you watched his tall figure sulk away you could only wonder what had happened to him to make him so bitter on the topic of love? What killed Axel's heart?
Sunday had just begun and you already completely ruined someone else's day and perhaps your own. You sighed and got up with the intentions of heading back to your apartment. It just turned into a sweatpants and movie kind of day.